- 2.1 College
- 2.2 WNBA
From 2004 to 2008, Parker played for the women's basketball team at the University of Tennessee (Tennessee Lady Volunteers). During this period she won the National Championship twice with the Lady Volunteers. In addition, she received numerous awards during this time.
Women's National Basketball Association
Because of their excellent performances for the Lady Volunteers, she was elected on 9 April 2008 in the WNBA Draft in 2008 by the Los Angeles Sparks in the first place. In their first game in the WNBA you get 34 points 12 rebounds and 8 assists ( assists) against the Phoenix Mercury. Previously, you could score as many points in her WNBA debut, no other player. Until that time, Cynthia Cooper held with 25 points in the 1997 season 's record. In the 2009 season they could enter only belatedly because of her pregnancy. At the end, she completed 25 games for the Sparks, scoring an average of 13.1 points and 9.8 rebounds per game.
In 2008 she won the gold medal at the Summer Olympics in Beijing with the U.S. national basketball team.
Awards and honors
- 2006 NCAA Cleveland Regional All- Region Team
- 2006 SEC Tournament MVP
- 2006 SEC Freshman of the Year
- 2006 All- SEC First Team
- 2006 All- SEC Freshman Team
- 2006 SEC Freshman of the Week (12/5, 12/ 19, 1 /10, 1 /16)
- 2006 SEC Player of the Week ( 1/16)
- 2006 Lady Vol Athlete of the Week (11 /28, 1/16)
- 2006 Lady Vol Athlete of the Month ( January )
- 2006 AP Second Team All-American
- 2006 Kodak All-American
- 2007 SEC Player of the Week (2/12, 3/1 )
- 2007 SEC Player of the Year
- 2007 First Team All- SEC
- 2007 NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Tournament - Dayton Regional Most Outstanding Player.
- 2007 1st Team All-American (AP, Kodak, John R. Wooden )
- 2007 Wade Trophy Winner
- 2007 USBWA Player of the Year
- 2007 NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament Most Outstanding Player
- 2007 John R. Wooden Award Winner
- 2007 Honda Basketball Sports Award Winner
- 2008 Academic All-America of the Year, University Division
- 2008 Associated Press Athlete of the Year
- 2008 Naismith Trophy Winner
- 2008 NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament Most Outstanding Player
- 2008 John R. Wooden Award winner.
- 2008 Honda Basketball Sports Award Winner
- 2008 NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament - Oklahoma City Region Most Outstanding Player
- 2008 ESPN.com Player of the Year
Her brother Anthony Parker played in the NBA. She is married to former NBA player Shelden Williams, who made her a marriage proposal in May 2007. Both know each other from their time together at Duke University.
It became known as the first woman to dunkte in a college game. In addition, she is the second wife of the dunkte in the WNBA and won the high school all-star game slam dunk contest 2004. Here you defeated, among others, JR Smith (Denver Nuggets ) and later NBA Slam Dunk Champion Josh Smith.