Template: Infobox church in Germany / Maintenance / market

Eslarn ( oberpfälzisch: " Isling ") is a market in the Upper Palatinate district of Neustadt an der Waldnaab and nationally recognized resort.

  • 2.1 Amalgamations
  • 2.2 Population development
  • 3.1 Mayor
  • 3.2 Coat of Arms
  • 4.1 monuments
  • 5.1 Economy, agriculture and forestry
  • 5.2 Education


Geographical location

Eslarn lies in the planning region Oberpfalz -Nord.

Eslarn considered as resort that also offers various opportunities for sporting activities due to its peaceful environment. These include, above all, the location on the outskirts leisure facility Atzmannsee.

Neighboring communities

The neighboring municipalities (clockwise ) are: Waidhaus, Rozvadov Třemešné, Bela nad Radbuzou, Schoensee, Oberviechtach, moss creek (Oberpfalz ) and Pleystein.

Community structure

The municipality has 26 Eslarn officially named districts:

  • Bruckhof
  • Büchelberg
  • Eslarn
  • Gerstbräu
  • Gmeinsrieth
  • Goldberg
  • Hecker mill
  • Kreuth
  • Lindauer Waldhaus
  • Neumühlestrasse
  • Upper Altmann Rieth
  • Öd
  • Ödmeiersrieth
  • Adjust Rieth
  • Pflugsbühl
  • Pfrentschweiher
  • Premhof
  • Shine Rieth
  • Putzhof
  • Riedlhof
  • Roßtränk
  • Devil's Stone
  • Thomasgschieß
  • Tillyschanz
  • Torfhäusl
  • Zankltrad

There are the following districts: Burkhardsrieth, Eslarn, Gmeinsrieth, Heumaden Pfrentsch.


Eslarn can look back on over 750 years of history due to its first documentary mention in 1240 in Nordgau ( Bavaria). It had been the end of the 15th century, the market law with extensive magisterial own rights. Elector Frederick V of the Palatinate in 1598 confirmed the market rights and gave a coat of arms. Since 1613 the place is called a market. He was later to Rentamt Amberg and the district court Treswitz of the Electorate of Bavaria. By 1818 the present municipality was created. In the 19th and 20th centuries Eslarn was eponymous for the Eslarner Bocklin, the railway line from Eslarn to Neustadt an der Waldnaab.


In 1945 or 1946 parts of the disbanded community Gmeinsrieth were incorporated. On 1 January 1972 were parts of Heumaden, 1 July 1972, parts of Burkhardsrieth added. Parts of the territory of the dissolved municipality Pfrentsch followed on 1 July 1976.

Population Development



Mayor Reiner Gäbl (SPD). He was re- elected in 2002 to succeed Georg Hansel (CSU ) and 2008 a year.

Coat of arms

Blazon: Azure, a silver beam; above a growing, red reinforced golden lion, below a horizontal silver fish.

The coat of arms has been known since 1598.

Culture and sights

Eslarn celebrates every five years, the traditional folk festival. In 1995, the ten -day festival was held for the 20th time. A highlight is the parade with numerous clubs from Eslarn and environment as well as the local history societies of Eslarnern in a foreign land.

The Catholic Parish of the Assumption was built from 1681 to 1687 and 1910 expanded. The almost 50 -meter high tower carries an onion dome. The altar of grace 1700 features a Gothic statue. Also around 1700, was a Madonna of the Rosary, the rococo pulpit in 1759 and the organ case in 1757 have been created.

By Eslarn leads the Franconian Way of St. James, which is marked with a white shell on a light blue background. He comes from Tillyschanz where it starts. The Way of St. James enters with the Böhmerstraße the market Eslarn. He swung to the right ( northwest ) into the Tilly road and via the Tilly 's Square and the Market Square to Bahnhofstrasse. With the train station street changes its direction to the southwest. He crossed the Loisbach, reaching over Chapel Street, Tradweg, Sportplatzstraße the Atzmannsee. The way across the Badewiese along the lakeshore turns south and enters at Pflugsbühl in the forest. Next Franconian village on St. James 's other jurisdictions, 6.5 km south-west of Eslarn.

On the main road between 2154 and Schoensee Eslarn in the Natural Park Northern Upper Palatinate Forest on the eastern slope of the piece of stone the wildlife park Eslarn is with some native animals, a playground and an educational and adventure trail.


Economy and infrastructure

Economy, agriculture and forestry

It was in 1998 according to official statistics in the field of Agriculture and Forestry 13, 496 in manufacturing and in trade and transport 61 persons work at the workplace. In other areas, were employed to social security at the workplace 92 people. Social insurance contributions at residence, there were a total of 1021. In the manufacturing sector, there were 16 farms, in construction 3 companies. In addition, in 1999, there were 97 farms with an agricultural area of 2123 hectares, of which 1102 acres of arable land and 1019 acres of meadowland.


There are the following facilities (as of 1999):

  • A nursery with 73 places and 101 children
  • An elementary school with four teachers and 105 students ( BayStatKommunal 2011)

Partner communities

  • Bela nad Radbuzou, Czech Republic


  • Oh Marianne ( b. 1942 ), former nun, teacher, writer
  • Josef Hanauer (1913-2003), pastor, author
  • August Lang (1929-2004), politician, Bavarian Minister of State (CSU )
  • Ernst Michl (1935-2001), politician, MP retd (CSU )
  • Fritz Möstl (* 1954), politician, MP retd (SPD )
  • Georg Friedrich Zimmermann (1916-1984), church musician, and Roman Catholic. Priest who was sentenced in February 1969 because of " fornication with dependents " to a prison sentence. Since 1993 there is a gg -Zimmermann -Straße in Eslarn.