Kali [ ka ː li] is an embossed touristy fishing village on the island of Ugljan, in the immediate vicinity of the city of Zadar and about 3 km southeast of Preko. With 1,638 inhabitants ( 2011 census ) Kali is the largest town on the islands off Zadar.
The first mention of the town was already in 1299th
Kali is between two ports in the northeast of the island and extends up to the bays of Lamjan in the southwest.
The old city center with narrow streets and stone houses in Dalmatian style, is located on a hill from which you can enjoy a beautiful view of the surroundings. Towering above the village from the bell tower of the Baroque Church of St Lovre, the patron saint of potash, which was built in 1698 and rests on the remains of an older building. Front of the church takes place every day in August instead of a fishing party for the tourists and residents.
On the hill above the village, the tiny St. Pellegrino church is from the 14th century.