The Rotterdam Marathon is the largest marathon in the Netherlands. It is organized annually since 1981 in April in Rotterdam. The event also includes a 5 - and a 10 - km run.
The route is a flat circular course through the city center. It begins and ends on the Coolsingel front of City Hall. First, it goes beyond the Erasmus bridge on the left bank of the Nieuwe Maas, where the first part of the course is completed. After De Kuip, Feyenoord stadium was happening, it's all about the Erasmus bridge back into the city, where on a loop the last third of the distance is covered.
In Rotterdam, multiple marathon world records were set: Carlos Lopes, 1985, from Belayneh Dinsamo 1988 and Tegla Loroupe 1998.
- Men: 2:04:27 h, Duncan Kibet Kirong (KEN ), 2009 (fastest time on Dutch soil )
- Women: 2:18:58 h, Tiki Gelana (ETH ), 2012 (fastest time a woman on Dutch soil )
Participants in the target
- Marathon: 7328 (6126 men and 1202 women), 528 less than last year
- 10 km: 6443 ( 3678 men and 2765 women), 1821 more than last year
- 5 km: 1638 (843 men and 795 women), 201 more than last year
List of winners
Sources: website of the organizer, ARRS