Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget
Svenska Cellulosa AB SCA short, is a global supplier of pulp and paper products, which is active in the field of tissue paper and packaging. SCA is a public company with headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden.
The company has approximately 45,000 employees ( as of 2010). Production, in descending order by the number of employees, there are in Sweden, Germany, UK, USA, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Denmark, Austria, Belgium, Spain and Australia. The ten largest markets of the company are in descending order: Germany, England, USA, France, Sweden, Italy, Netherlands, Denmark, Spain and Belgium. Overall, SCA is active in about 90 countries. The emphasis is on Europe and North America, with strong positions in South America and Asia.
SCA was founded by Ivar Kreuger as a holding company for ten Swedish companies in the timber industry in 1929. In 1975 SCA acquired the company Mölnlycke AB, a leading European supplier of hygiene products, and in 1990, which specializes in transport packaging company Reed Pack. In March 2007, SCA acquired the historic pace brand of Procter & Gamble.
On the German retail market SCA, among others, with the brands Zewa (branded and former company name of the bought pulp mills Waldhof -Aschaffenburg AG in Mannheim), Thank you, Cosy and Tena represented, in Austria, in addition to the handkerchief mark error. In the commercial sector the Tork brand has introduced internationally.
In the wake of the financial crisis in 2007 ff the SCA the closure of eleven European plants and the reduction of approximately 2,200 jobs announced in April 2009 after declining profitability in the corrugated board and tissue paper. With the announced plant closures due to the large economic problems are mainly Eastern European works in focus.
Find out more
- On 21 December 2003 SCA was included in the Nature Stock Index ( NAI).
- March 2007: By agreement dated March 11, 2007 SCA Stockholm took over the European tissue business of Procter & Gamble. Completion of the contract is subject to the suspensive condition of approval by the relevant competition authorities. The acquisition provides the tissue division of SCA Group and thus also of SCA Hygiene Products AG access to attractive brands such as Tempo, Bounty and Charmin.
- June 2007: SCA is the second rank of global ratings for companies with high environmental awareness and is performed in second place of the greenest companies in the world.
- September 2007: The European Commission has cleared the acquisition of household hygiene paper business (tissue ) of the approved Procter & Gamble (P & G) in Europe by SCA Svenska Cellulosa AB.
- December 2007: The WWF assesses the sustainability report of SCA as the best in the European paper industry.
- SCA is 2.6 million hectares, the largest private forest owners in Europe.