World Poker Tour
The World Poker Tour or WPT is a short event of a commercial enterprise. This organizes poker tournaments, especially according to the rules of Texas Hold'em. The WPT was instrumental through their television broadcasts at the poker boom of recent years, especially in the field of online casinos. This development is not surprising, as well as online casinos are among its main sponsors.
Inspired by the World Series of Poker ( WSOP ), the most tournaments the WPT are similar in structure: Each player gets the same value at the beginning of chips, then played over several days remain until only six players in the tournament. The resulting final table is completely transferred on television. The winner will receive generally 30 to 35 percent of the prize money, the runner-up about 20 percent. The final of the World Poker Tour takes place every year in April at the Bellagio and is named after the main event of the WSOP, the biggest poker tournament in the world.
- 2002: Company founded by Stephen Lipscomb, who is now president of the WPTE ( World Poker Tour Enterprises ).
- 2003 WPT Championship at the Bellagio Casino in Las Vegas.
- 2004: a televised WPT tournament, the "Battle Of Champions " on NBC. Foundation of the " Walk of Fame".
In any event a season best seven participants earn points. At the end of the season, the player with the most points the title of " Player of the Year ."
- Season 1: Howard Lederer
- Season 2: Erick Lindgren
- Season 3: Daniel Negreanu
- Season 4: Gavin Smith
- Season 5: JC Tran
- Season 6: Jonathan Little
- Season 7: Bertrand Grospellier
- Season 8: David Williams
- Season 9: Scott Seiver
- Seasin 10: Marvin Rettenmaier
- Season 11: David Rheem