History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Wood Rooster乙酉( at the beginning of the year Wood Monkey甲申)
Syria: 1416/17 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- The armies of Henry IV and his son Henry V are located on a river rain in Regensburg, opposite. The battle does not take place, because important allies of the Father by him fall. The power of Henry IV in the kingdom begins to wane.
- First mention of Ebenweiler, Fintel, Friolzheim, Pleujouse, Tiefenbronn and Tostedt.
- Bertrand is Count of Toulouse.
- April 20: crusaders of the Principality of Antioch put in the Battle of Artah in their reconquest attempt by verlorengegangenem territory against a Muslim army through.
- August 27: Victory of the Crusaders of the Fatimids in the third battle of Ramla.
- Malik Shah II becomes Sultan of Großseldschuken, but died in the same year. His successor is his uncle Muhammad I. Tapar.
Religion and Culture
- Melisende, Queen of Jerusalem ( † 1160/61 )
- Adam Parvipontanus, English logician and philosopher († 1181 )
- Wladyslaw II, Princeps of Poland and Duke of Silesia, participants of the 2nd Crusade († 1159 )
- 1105: Rolando Bandinelli, when Pope Alexander III. († 1181 )
- FEBRUARY 27: Emehard, Bishop of Würzburg
- FEBRUARY 28: Raymond of Toulouse and Saint- Gilles, Count of Toulouse, Margrave of Provence and one of the leaders of the First Crusade (* 1041/42 )
- Before 21 July: Frederick I, Duke of Swabia (c. 1050)
- August 5: Rashi, French rabbi and Talmud commentator (* 1040 )
- September 28: Simon, ruler of Sicily and the eldest son of Roger I. (* 1093 )
- December 5: Vahram Pahlavuni, as Gregory II Vkayaser Catholicos of the Armenian Apostolic Church
- Mahmūd ibn al -Husayn ibn Muhammad al- Kāschgharī, Ottoman scholar and lexicographer (* 1008)