History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Water Hare癸卯( at the beginning of the year Water Tiger壬寅)
Syria: 1494/95 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- JUNE 25: Peace of Constance between the Lombard League and Emperor Frederick I Barbarossa, in which Hermann IV, Margrave of Baden guarantor.
- In winter 1183/1184 negotiations between Frederick Barbarossa and Wilhelm II, King of Sicily with the result of an alliance between the German and the Norman kingdom
- Conrad I of Wittelsbach enters his second term as Archbishop of Mainz.
- High Rain ( 1182 or 1183 ) is first mentioned.
- Location is first mentioned.
- Hyacinth of Poland, founder of the Dominican Order in Poland, Holy († 1257 )
- Jochi Khan, son of Genghis Khan, ancestor of the Golden Horde († 1227 )
- FEBRUARY 20: Peter Cellensis, Abbot of Saint- Remi in Reims, Bishop of Chartres (c. 1115 )
- MAY 22: Berthold of Bussnang, Bishop of Constance
- MAY 25: Arnold I. of Valancourt, Archbishop of Trier ( * 1120)
- AUGUST 23: Christian I of book, Archbishop of Mainz and Reichserzkanzler (c. 1130)
- AUGUST 27: Maria of Antioch, Empress of Byzantium (* 1145 )
- 000August: Maria Comnena, Byzantine princess, daughter of Manuel I (* 1152 )