History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Fire Pig丁亥( at the beginning of the year Fire Dog丙戌)
Syria: 1538/39 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- November: The assembled to a Wiec in Gąsawa Polish dukes, knights and bishops are attacked by the governor in Pomerania, Swantopolk II with his men. Leszek I the reigning princeps in the Kingdom of Poland, lost his life.
- Henry III. , English since 1216 king comes of age and takes over the business of government
- Battle of Bornhöved, a North-German coalition army under Adolf IV of Schauenburg and Holstein defeated on July 22, the Danish king Valdemar II; the Eider is characterized the German-Danish border and Lübeck provides its independence from Denmark restored.
- Gebhard II, Archbishop of Bremen begins with the fight against Stedinger farmers.
- The peasant republic Dithmar with 48 regent arises in Holstein and adheres to 1559.
- Gy, emperor chair, Kill cheeks and Rüfenach are first mentioned.
- Around 1227: Ulrich von Liechtenstein traveling to Rome and takes as Venus disguised a tournament ride from Venice to Bohemia.
- 000März: Charles I, King of Sicily and Naples, anti-king of Jerusalem ( † 1285)
- September 29: Gertrude of Altenberg, Catholic Blessed († 1297 )
- September 30: Nicholas IV, the first Dominican pope from 1288 († 1292 )
- January 28: Henry Borwin I, Prince of Mecklenburg
- APRIL 28: Heinrich (v. ) the Elder of Brunswick, Count Palatine of the Rhine (c. 1173/74 )