History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Water sheep癸未( at the beginning of the year Water Horse壬午)
Syria: 1534/35 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- March 25: After the death of his father Alfonso II Sancho II ascended the Portuguese throne.
- May 6: Count Heinrich von Schwerin takes on the island Lyø caught the Danish King Waldemar II and thus breaks the supremacy of Denmark in the Baltic region. Since the county Schwerin is busy, he brings Waldemar provisionally to the castle Dannenberg.
- MAY 31: First attack of the Mongols in Europe: Battle of the Kalka. The battle ends with a bitter defeat for the Russians.
- July 14: The death of his father Philip II is the birthright Louis VIII King of France. The French hereditary monarchy created with it.
- August 6: Louis VIII is crowned in the cathedral of Reims as the new king of France.
- First mention of Beromunster, Dornach, fairs, Therwil and Uebeschi.
- The legend of the " Wandering Jew " appears in an Italian historical work.
- November 29: The Franciscans by Pope Honorius III. in the Bull Salet annuere after the second version of the rules of the order by St. Francis of Assisi accepted.
- December 25: St. Francis of Assisi is in Greccio with the living animals and humans after the events of Christmas.
- 1223 or 1229: Albertus Magnus is Dominican.
- ( to ) Baybars I, Mamluk Sultan of Egypt and Syria ( † 1270)
- 03 March: Wincenty Kadłubek, Bishop of Cracow ( * 1150 )
- 09 March: Henry II of Veringen, Bishop of Strasbourg
- March 25: Alfonso II, King of Portugal (* 1185 )
- MARCH 27: Raymond Roger, Count of Foix
- December 05: Otto I of Lobdeburg, Bishop of Würzburg