History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Wood Monkey甲申( at the beginning of the year, water - sheep癸未)
Era of Diocletian: 160/161 ( year November )
Syria: 755/756 ( year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
End of 444 or early 445 Attila murdered his brother and co-ruler Bleda. He leaves on the upper Tisza a residence built from where take place in these years several campaigns of the Huns in the Balkans.
- Dioscorus is Patriarch of Alexandria as a successor to the late Cyril.
- To 444: St. Patrick begins with the Christianization of Ireland; him the foundation of the town Armagh is attributed.
- To 444: Seinei, Japanese Emperor († 484 )
- Brictius of Tours, Bishop of Tours (c. 370)
- Or 445: Bleda, co-ruler of the Huns, Attila's brother (c. 390)