Anky van Grunsven
Theodora Elisabeth Gerarda van Grunsven ( born January 2, 1968 in Erp ), commonly known as Anky van Grunsven, is a Dutch dressage rider. She is also active as a rider in reining.
Van Grunsven took 1988-2008 six times at the Olympics in part. 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004 and 2008 she won the Dutch dressage team silver medal each. In the individual competition In 1996 she was second and at the games in 2000, 2004 and 2008 Olympic gold medalist. In the 2012 Olympics she is with Salinero once again part of the Dutch team.
With the Dutch team, she was at the World Equestrian Games in 1994, 1998 and 2006, second in the team standings and won in 1994 (along with Isabell Werth ) gold and 1998 silver medal in singles and in 2006 the silver medal at the Grand Prix Spécial.
My top horse was to the Sydney 2000 gelding Bonfire, they then just as Isabell Werth adopted its gigolo in retirement. In the 2000s was her top horse Salinero, who has ten year won the Olympic Games in Athens. With him she was in Las Vegas World Cup winner and European Champion 2005 Single in Hagen. At the same time, they contributed significantly to the European Championships winning the silver medal behind Germany. For the last time sat van Grunsven Salinero at the 2012 Olympics in a sport.
In mid-October 2009, she played her first international tournament Reining. For the World Equestrian Games in 2010, she is not nominated in dressage due to the sale of Painted Black and violation of Salinero. In the Reining competitions at the World Equestrian Games, it reached Whizashiningwalla BB with the Dutch team rank eight. For the singles final, they did not qualify as the 39th of the first qualifying examination of the individual ranking.
The end of 2012 was Anky van Grunsven, as the first rider ever to be awarded Fanny blanker - Koen Carrièreprijs of NOC * NSF for their life's work.
After their victory with the Dutch team at the CHIO in Aachen 2005, she was attacked in the German trade press because of the training of their horses, which as Rollkur ( hyperflexion ) has been criticized.
End of August 2010, it was due to a court case again in the press. The equestrian portal eurodressage.com published in February 2010, an article about a meeting of the FEI about hyperflexion. This article was a picture that head and neck Anky van Grunsven's Salinero of extremely close, Coiled entertainment shows, illustrated, the subtitle is Horse in the rollkur, hyperflexed position. Van Grunsven complains to remove the image because it would damage thereof caused by the publication. The chief editor of the internet portal himself describes the action as an attack on press freedom. They also quoted in a press release personally hurtful e- mails to come from van Grunsven's spouse Sjef Janssen. Early September 2010, has already garnered van Grunsven discontinue the proceedings.
Anky van Grunsven is married to the coach of the Dutch dressage rider, Sjef Janssen, the son of the successful Dutch cyclist.
- Gold Medal (Individual ): 2000 with Bonfire, 2004, 2008 and Salinero
- Silver medal ( team): 1992, 1996, 2000 with Bonfire, Salinero 2008
- Silver Medal (Single): 1996 Bonfire
- Bronze medal ( team): 2012 with Salinero
- 4th place ( team): 2004 with Salinero
- Gold Medal (Individual ): 1994 ( freestyle ), 2006 ( Freestyle)
- Silver medal ( team): 1994, 1998, 2006
- Silver Medal (Single): 1998, 2006 ( Special)
- Gold medal ( team): 2007, 2009
- Gold Medal (Individual ): 1999, 2005
- Silver medal ( team): 1995, 1997, 1999, 2005
- Silver Medal (Single): 1997, 1997
- Bronze medal ( team): 1991
- Gold Medal: 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005 and 2007
- Silver Medal: 2004 and 2012 on Salinero
- Bronze Medal: 2002 and 2006 on Salinero