Isabell Werth ( born July 21, 1969 in Sevelen at Issum ) is a German dressage rider. It is in the individual competitions simple Olympic gold medalist, three -time World Champion, five -time European Champion and eleven-time German champion and thus one of the most successful dressage riders of the modern tournament history.
As the daughter of an agricultural family grew, Werth had early contact with horses. After she was active first in show jumping and eventing, grew out of a friendship with a daughter of Uwe Schulten -Baumer Contact us about this. Under Schulten- Baumer training, who lived as Isabell Werth in Rheinberg, was their change for dressage. New Year's Eve 1986 Schulten -Baumer offered her to ride his horses. Up to the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney was her top horse Gigolo FRH from the possession Schulten- Baumer, which was adopted after the Games in 2000 to retire.
The sporty partnership Werth / Schulten -Baumer continued until the end of 2001. Since Werth and Schulten -Baumer at this time required distance from each other and it also came to differences with his stepdaughter Ellen Schulten- Baumer, Werth left the barn. In consultation with Werth's new patrons, Dietrich Schulze and Madeleine Winter -Schulze, this took over the majority of the horses Werth from the possession Schulten- Baumer. Werth drew in a row on the family's farm Winter-Schulze to Melle village.
Professional chose Isabell Werth at first a way off of the equestrian sport. After finishing school and graduating from the Amplonius High School in Rheinberg 1989, she studied law and worked as a lawyer. From 2001 to 2004 she worked for the Karstadt AG. She also sells a Equestrian collection under her own name.
In 2004, she left the stable Winter-Schulze and went back to Rheinberg, where they have since engaged in its own stables. The Stuttgart German Masters 2005 Werth and Satchmo erritten with 79.958 %, a new record value in the Grand Prix. This record was replaced in 2006 by Anky van Grunsven ( 81.333 % with Salinero ) and 2009 by Edward Gal ( 84.085 % with Totilas ).
At the World Equestrian Games 2006 in Aachen her top horse did not fall Why by an injury. Nevertheless, she won on her gelding Satchmo, who was considered a " shaky ", team gold, became world champion in the Grand Prix Spécial and won bronze in the freestyle.
Since January 2006, Werth hired as an ambassador for the Christian Blind Mission.
At the Olympic Games in Beijing Werth together with Nadine Capellmann and Heike Kemmer with the team Olympic champion and took silver in the individual behind the Dutch Anky van Grunsven. Werth himself won so their fourth individual medal at the Olympics, she won a total of eight medals.
His partner is the former Karstadt Manager Wolfgang Urban, with whom she has a son.
- Olympic games Gold medal ( team): 1992, 1996, 2000 with Gigolo FRH, 2008 Satchmo
- Gold Medal ( Individual Competition ): 1996 with Gigolo FRH
- Silver medal ( individual competition ): 1992, 2000 Gigolo FRH, 2008 Satchmo
- World Championships Gold medal ( team): 1994, 1998 with Gigolo FRH, 2006 Satchmo
- Bronze medal ( team): 2010 Warum nicht FRH
- Gold medal (individual competition ): 1994 ( GP Special ), 1998 with Gigolo FRH, 2006 ( GP Special) with Satchmo
- Bronze medal (individual competition ): 2006 ( GP Freestyle) with Satchmo
- European Championships Gold medal ( team): 1989, 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2013
- Gold Medal ( Individual Competition ): 1991 ( GP Special), 1993 ( GP Special), 1995, 1997, 2007
- Silver medal ( team): 2007
- World Cup 1st place: 1992 with Fabienne, 2007 Why not FRH
- 2nd Place: 2001 Anthony FRH, 2006 and 2008 with Warum nicht FRH, 2009 Satchmo
- German Championships (Women) Gold Medal: 1991, 1992, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2007, Satchmo, 2008 Why not FRH
- Silver Medal: 1993, 2001, 2003, 2006
- Bronze Medal: 1990, 2000, 2002
- German Championships ( Grand Prix Spécial ) Gold Medal: 2009 ( 78.917 %) and 2010 ( 77.708 %) with Warum nicht FRH
- Silver Medal: 2011 ( 81.375 %) with El Santo NRW, 2013 ( 78.125 %) with Don Johnson FRH
- German Championships ( Grand Prix Freestyle ) Gold Medal: 2010 ( 81.700 %) with Warum nicht FRH
- Silver Medal: 2009 ( 81.050 %) with Warum nicht FRH, 2013 ( 83.300 %) with Don Johnson FRH
- Bronze Medal: 2011 ( 82.400 %) with El Santo NRW
Proceedings for doping or illegal medication,
On 24 June 2009 it was announced that her gelding Whisper at Pentecost Tournament in Wiesbaden has been tested in the A- sample positive for the banned substance fluphenazine. It was therefore locked until further notice by the World Association FEI for all tournaments. September 2, 2009 Werth was convicted by the FEI to a six -month ban, which expired on 22 December of the same year ( the lock began on 23 June).
In the Rhineland Championships in 2012, a nationally advertised tournament, medication control cimetidine was found in her horse El Santo NRW in the framework, a drug which is used for the treatment of stomach ailments. This is a substance that is allowed in international tournaments in accordance with certain rules, in accordance with national regulations, however, counts as a prohibited medication. Werth told the Fund after researching so that there would have been in her stall a defect in the impregnating. The agent had received another horse is thus came into the trough of El Santo NRW. In the first instance value was due to the positive control medication, which was due to a negligent breach of duty of care in the barn, locked. In the second instance, the lock is released, and the case against payment of a fine.