Dominic Miller ( born 1960 in Buenos Aires ) is a guitarist who is best known for his collaboration with Sting.
Miller spent the first ten years of his life in Argentina before he moved with his parents to Wisconsin, United States and later to London. Today he lives in Provence. At 15, he learned to play guitar. Later he studied at the Guildhall School for Music in London, giving him after some time, despite the cooperation with interesting fellow students as Nigel Kennedy and Mike Lindup ( Level 42 later ), however, was too dry. He decided to seek his fortune as a studio musician.
His first observance running recording had Miller in the late 1980s with Phil Collins ' album " But Seriously ... " on which he played guitar and eg the characteristic guitar riff to " Another Day in Paradise " wrote. Really Miller was known but it was only by his continued since 1991 collaboration with Sting.
Through his friendship with Collins ' producer Hugh Padgham it came into contact with Sting, with whom he recorded the album The Soul Cages, and he helped to shape decisively. From then on Miller belonged to the permanent occupation of Sting's band, both in the studio and on the world -spanning tours. Sting often referred to him as " my right and my left hand ," the "all that translates what my clumsy fingers can not play ."
Miller's intros and solos have made many hits from Sting unmistakable, as co- composer, he wrote tunes like "Shape of My Heart ", which always reappears since its release in countless cover versions on the radio.
But other world hits his signature, eg Ronan Keating " You say it best " from the movie " Notting Hill ".
Recently, Dominic Miller has worked regularly with the British singer Sarah Jane Morris ( " Do not Leave Me This Way ", " Me and Mrs. Jones " ) at concerts and recordings together, including some lyrically and musically sophisticated compositions have emerged. In addition, he maintains his own band, which currently includes bassist Nicolas Fiszman, pianist Mike Lindup and the renowned percussionist Rhani Krija, especially in Europe, South America and Asia tours and interpreted his own compositions primarily Millers. Even the Argentine rock star Alejandro Lerner still likes to Miller's versatility, done so on several albums and large concerts in Argentina.
He is currently working on a new solo album which will contain only pieces on electric guitar, unlike the previous albums on which he can be heard primarily with acoustic guitar.
Some musicians with whom Dominic Miller has worked
- Bryan Adams ( guitar on All For Love )
- Backstreet Boys ( guitar on the album " Millennium " )
- Andrea Bocelli (guitar and arrangement of " Besame Mucho " on " Vivere " )
- Till Bronner (guitar and co- composition on Christmas Album 2008)
- Vinnie Colaiuta ( with Sting and guitar on solo album " Vinnie Colaiuta " )
- Phil Collins ( album " But Seriously " )
- Sheryl Crow
- Plácido Domingo (on Miller's album " Shapes" )
- Peter Gabriel
- Mark Hollis (guitar on album "Mark Hollis ", co- composing the piece "Westward Bound" )
- Michael Kamen
- Manu Katché ( on countless albums as with Pino Palladino Rhythm Section, as well as on solo albums and on arte TV )
- Ronan Keating (guitar on "You Say It Best" to the soundtrack of " Notting Hill " )
- Nigel Kennedy ( guitar and composition on the album " Let Loose ", 1987)
- Kenny Kirkland (along with Sting )
- Level 42 ( guitar on "Guaranteed " )
- Mariza (co - composer and guitar on the album " Terra " )
- Sarah Jane Morris ( countless concerts as well as guitarist and co - composer on the album " Where it Hurts " )
- Jimmy Nail ( guitar on " Crocodile Shoes II " appearance in the accompanying video)
- Howard New
- Beth Nielsen Chapman (guitar and co- composition on " Sand And Water" )
- Pino Palladino ( countless collaborations on albums by various artists as Rhythm Section )
- Luciano Pavarotti (at " Pavarotti and Friends" )
- Pretenders ( guitar on "Packed! " Temporary band member )
- Soraya Cuevas (guitar and co- composition on " Cuerpo Y Alma " and "On Nights Like This" )
- Rod Stewart
- Sting ( guitar on every album since "Soul Cages" except for " Songs from the Labyrinth" )
- The Ten Tenors ( guitar on " Here's To The Heroes )
- Tina Turner ( guitar on "Silent Wings" )
- Steve Winwood
- Rick Wright (guitar on album "Broken China")
- Wülker (co - composer and guitar on "Turning the Page " )
- Paul Young
- Lars Danielsson ( guest appearances in concerts in Gothenburg and Sacile 2008)
- Wolfgang Haffner ( on album " Round Silence " )
- Nighthawks ( with Anna Maria Jopek, on album "Today" )
- Katie Melua ( on album "The House " )