Hefei (Chinese合肥市, Pinyin Hefei Shì, W.-G. Ho -fei Shih ) has approximately 4.91 million inhabitants ( end of 2009) and is the capital of Anhui province.
The administrative area of the prefecture-level city has an area of 6911 km ².
At county level, Hefei consists of four city districts, four counties and one independent city (China) together. These are:
- Municipality Luyang (庐阳 区), 140 km ², 400,000 inhabitants;
- Municipality Yaohai (瑶海区), 189 km ², 400,000 inhabitants;
- Municipality Shushan (蜀山区), 129 km ², 370,000 inhabitants;
- Municipality Mingzhu (包 河 区), 197 km ², 460,000 inhabitants;
- Changfeng county (长丰 县), 1925 km ², 780,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Shuihu (水 湖镇);
- Circle Feidong (肥东县), 2145 km ², 1.07 million inhabitants, capital: greater community Dianbu (店 埠镇);
- Circle Feixi (肥西县), 2186 km ², 960,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Shangpai (上 派 镇);
- Lujiang county (庐江 县), 2352 km ², 1.2 million inhabitants, the capital: greater community Lucheng (庐 城镇).
- District-free city of Chaohu (巢湖 市), 2063 km ², 4.5 million inhabitants
Chaohu was added 22 August 2011 and was previously the Municipality Juchao the former prefecture-level city of Chaohu.
Ethnic structure of the population Hefei (2000)
In census 2000 4.467.384 inhabitants were counted in Hefei ( population density: 646.42 inhabitants / km ²). The majority of residents are Han Chinese.
During the Ming and Qing dynasties Hefei was named Luzhou (庐州). After the city several battles are named, such as the second Battle of Hefei by 217
Hefei is now a traffic junction and an industrial town. Automotive, textile, steel and chemical industries are represented here. On May 30, 2013 Opened the new international airport Hefei Xinqiao and thus replaced the old airport Hefei Luogang.
The city is home to a dozen universities and comparable secondary schools and thus represents one of the four funded by the Chinese government centers of higher education represents the three most famous universities Hefei, the Chinese University of Science and Technology (中国 科技 大学), the Technical University Hefei (合肥 工业 大学), and the Anhui University (安徽 大学), belong to the national elite and be part of the Government 211 project, which aims to provide with the help of special promotion around 100 universities of world level.
The Hefei University (合肥 学院) maintains a partnership with the state of Lower Saxony, and has a total of 13 partner universities in Germany.
In addition, the Higher Secondary School No. 1 entered into a school partnership with the Saxon School Johann- Gottfried -Herder -Gymnasium in Pirna in Hefei in 2004.
- Japan Kurume, Japan, since 1980
- Sierra Leone Freetown, Sierra Leone, since 1984
- Burundi Bujumbura, Burundi, since 1986
- United States Columbus, United States, since 1988
- Denmark Aalborg, Denmark, since 1989
- Spain Lleida, Spain, since 1998
- Flag of South Korea Wonju, South Korea, since 2002
- Australia Darebin City, Australia, since 2003
- United Kingdom Belfast, United Kingdom, since 2003
- Germany Osnabrück, Germany, since 2006