The district is a district in northern Saxony Free State of Saxony. It was created on 1 August 2008 in the wake of the Saxon district reform by the merger of the former counties Torgau- Oschatz and Delitzsch.
In Nordsachsen 198 629 inhabitants in 30 municipalities live on a total area of approximately 2020 km ². By area, it is the fourth largest district in Saxony, but has the lowest population. Largest city of the district is Delitzsch, administrative headquarters is the former residence town of Torgau. Other large district towns, municipalities are Eilenburg Schkeuditz and Oschatz.
- 5.1 District
- 5.2 Kreistag
- 5.3 Coat of Arms
- 5.4 flag
In the west and north boundaries of the fantastic Saxony- Anhalt circles Anhalt- Bitterfeld and Wittenberg Saxony North, East Brandenburg and Meissen district and in the south the districts of Central Saxony and Leipzig and the city of Leipzig. The Elbe flows through the north-east of the county, west of her depression.
Countries formation after 3 October 1990 included a territorial reform, the Delitzsch, a hurry and Bad Duben after 175 years brought back to Saxony. On 1 August 1994, the previous counties and Torgau Torgau Oschatz were Ballotpedia together to form the new district with its administrative headquarters in Torgau and the districts Delitzsch and hurry to the new castle county Delitzsch. From these two came on 1 August 2008 in the far past district reform the county Nordsachsen.
The population figures are official updates by the State Statistical Office of Saxony ( primary residences only ).
Economy and Transport
In December 2012, the city of Leipzig, the districts of Leipzig and Saxony North and the Leipzig Chamber of Industry decided to form the common WRL Economic Development Region Leipzig GmbH.
There are 5 hospitals in the standard care, 3 specialized hospitals and three rehabilitation hospitals. Are usually catering
- District hospital Torgau "John Kent man " gGmbH (250 beds, with breast and colon center )
- Collm clinic Oschatz GmbH ( 210 beds, carriers: County and Asklepios Kliniken mbH )
- District hospital Delitzsch GmbH: Clinic Delitzsch (150 beds)
- District hospital Delitzsch GmbH: Clinic Eilenburg (150 beds)
- Helios Clinic Schkeuditz (135 beds).
Are regarded as specialist hospitals
- Saxon hospital Altscherbitz (Psychiatry and Neurology, 235 beds)
- Specialist hospital Hubertusburg gGmbH Wermsdorf (neurology, pediatrics and psychiatry, 197 beds, for Klinikum St. Georg Leipzig belonging )
- MediClin Waldkrankenhaus Bad Duben (orthopedics, 145 beds).
Rehab clinics are located in Bad Duben ( MediClin rehab center for orthopedics, cardiology and neurology ) and two in Schmannewitz ( Christiaan - Barnard Department of cardiac and circulatory diseases, oncology and psychosomatic disorders and the rehabilitation clinic Dahlen Heath of Orthopaedics and Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy with the RHM hospital and nursing home operations as a carrier.
The Schkeuditzer cross connects the two motorways which are now being expanded to six lanes.
- B 2 Leipzig - Bad Duben - Lutherstadt Wittenberg
- 6 Leipzig B - Oschatz - Dresden
- B 87 Leipzig - Eilenburg - Torgau - Herzberg - Luckau - Lubben - Frankfurt (Oder)
- B 107 Wurzen - Eilenburg - Bad Duben
- B 169 chub - Riesa
- B 181 Leipzig - Merseburg
- B 182 Lutherstadt Wittenberg - Torgau - Riesa
- B 183 Bitterfeld - Bad Duben - Torgau - Bad Liebenswerda
- B 183 a Bad Duben - Delitzsch - BAB 9
- B 184 Leipzig - Delitzsch - Dessau
- B 186 Schkeuditz - Zwenkau
The county of North Saxony has a distinctive rail network, which is operated in rail passenger transport by DB Regio Southeast and Veolia Transport Regio East. Responsible PTAs is the ZVNL. The connections to the surrounding areas provide the timetable routes 215, 218, 219, 228, 251, 500 and 505.10 represent, operate on which the following lines:
The two long-distance routes that run through the county, the Leipzig -Dresden railway line and the railway line between Berlin and Leipzig. However, the district does not have a long-distance traffic station on these routes. However, the airport station Leipzig / Halle is located within the boundaries of the district, which is served by IC and ICE individual. Despite the set long-distance rail route from Leipzig to Cottbus is of national importance. Furthermore, the regional routes Eilenburg - Halle ( Saale) operated, and the S-Bahn route Leipzig-Halle/Saale and the narrow gauge line Oschatz Mügeln. The main railway stations are Delitzsch lower station and haste Castle station as switch stations, and the stations Torgau, Oschatz, diving and Schkeuditz.
The airport Leipzig-Halle is located in the west of the county directly on the Schkeuditzer city. He serves as an international commercial airport in the same region and has a direct car and train access. The airport was put into operation on 18 April 1927 and especially in the area of air cargo international significance. Measured by the number of passengers the airport is on the fourteenth, on the amount of cargo handled in second place in Germany.
In addition, the used primarily for sporting purposes airfield comes at Roitzschjora. It was built in 1936 and 1938, first used by glider pilots. After his military use during World War II, the airfield from 1953 was reopened to air sports. After the turn of the flier club Roitzschjora founded eV, which passes the airfield since 1994. Today, the airfield Roitzschjora has a 1200 m long airstrip.
On 8 June 2008, the district election took place in the district of North Saxony. Since none of the six candidates could win the required majority, a runoff election was held on June 22, 2008, in which Michael Czupalla (CDU ) with 45.7 % of the vote against the competing Thomas Rüdiger child (The Left, 34.5 % ) and Dr. Liane Deicke (SPD, 19.8 %) prevailed. He is therefore the first District Administrator of the newly formed.
The council of the district of North Saxony was also elected on 8 June 2008. The 80 seats on the council are distributed as follows among the individual parties:
Coat of arms
Blazon: "In gold between two blue wave piles an upright red and reinforced gezungter black lion. "
Heraldic concern was to develop a coat of arms, with which both the former counties Delitzsch and Torgau- Oschatz can identify with. There had to be found, a symbols whose evidence relates to both of these former counties.
In the regional history had the Margraviate of Meissen and the Margraviate of Landsberg, from the ancestral later ruling Wettin, formative importance. The Margrave of Meissen led a rotbewehrten black lion in their coat of arms in gold. This was also included in the coat of arms of the two former counties.
The wave beam shown in the county coat of arms of Torgau- Oschatz symbolizing the Elbe and its landscape has been transferred to the new coat of arms and supplemented by another, which represents the current flowing through the new district Nordsachsen trough. Both rivers and their both scenic and economically meaningful flood plains have been included in the new county heraldic coat of arms as a regional specialty. The heraldic symbolism placement of flow in vertical form as a blue wave piles reminds hinted at the root of the Wettin family coat of arms showing two blue stakes in gold.
The coat of arms was designed by Manfred Fischer from Goßwitz.
Three equally wide horizontal stripes in the colors yellow -. Blue - Yellow -hook in the middle of the county coat of arms, which extends equally into the two yellow stripes into
The flag as a portrait ( Banner ) is composed of three equally wide vertical stripes in the colors yellow - blue - yellow and bears in the upper half of the vertical county crest that extends evenly into the two yellow stripes inside.
Cities and Towns
( Population figures from December 31, 2012)
Management communities and local government associations