Oust- Marest is a northern French village with 642 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2011) in the department of Somme in the Picardie region. It belongs to the community association Bresle maritime.
Oust- Marest is located on the southwestern edge of the Picardie region about 70 kilometers northwest of Amiens, the capital of the department, 28 kilometers southwest of Abbeville, the capital of the arrondissement, and 5.9 kilometers east of the port of Tréport on the English Channel. Neighboring communities of Oust- Marest are Ponts -et -Marais in the West, Méneslies in the northeast, Bouvaincourt -sur- Bresle in the Southeast and Saint- Pierre-en -Val in the southwest. The municipality covers 580 hectares, the average height is 60 meters above sea level, the Mairie stands at a height of 10 meters. The Bresle flows through the municipal area.
Oust- Marest is a climate of type Cfb ( according to Köppen and Geiger ) assigned: Warm Temperate rain climate ( C ), fully wet ( f), the warmest month below 22 ° C, at least four months above 10 ° C ( b). There is a maritime climate with moderate summer.
Near the municipality remains of the Gallo-Roman town of Augusta were found. Oust- Marest ( 7 11 c. ) Was mentioned in documents for the first time as Augusta in the Vita Walarici. The Holy Walaricus visited according to legend, the village and performed miracles there, whereupon the inhabitants were converted, and Walaricus to honor a church built. The name has changed over time. 1123 the community was named Austa than Aouste it is listed on the Cassini map of 1757. The residents are still referred to as Aoustois (it).
Oust- Marest received in 1793 in the wake of the French Revolution ( 1789-1799 ) the status of a municipality (as Marest ) and in 1801 the right to local self-government (as Ouste ).
In the Church of Saint- Pierre in the 12th century is the grave slab of Raoul d' Aoust of 1269 died. The grave plate was classified as a monument historique in 1907 ( historic monument '). In addition, there is a sculpture depicting the burial of Jesus. It dates from the 16th century, and has also been classified as a monument historique in 1907.
Economy and infrastructure
There is locally a foundry and a locksmith. Major lines of business of Aoustois are feed production and breeding of domestic animals. The municipal area controlled designation of origin (AOC ) for lamb ( Pres-sales de la baie de Somme) apply. The lambs grazing on salt marshes at the Somme Bay. Furthermore, only by the proximity to the Haute -Normandie protected geographical indication ( PGI ) for Pork ( Porc de Normandie) and poultry ( Volailles de Normandie).
There is a funded by the Comenius program European school in the community.