History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Hare wood乙卯( at the beginning of the year Wood Tiger甲寅)
Era of Diocletian: 191/192 ( year November )
Syria: 786/787 ( year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
Eastern Roman Empire
- JANUARY 9: Verina, mother of the Eastern Roman Emperor Zeno and her brother Basiliscus conspire against the Emperor. Zenon flees because of the planned palace coup from Constantinople Opel.
- January 10: Basiliskos is proclaimed to the Byzantine (counter) emperor.
- The Statue of Zeus by Phidias, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, is destroyed in a fire in Constantinople Opel.
- October 31: Romulus Augustulus is proclaimed by the troops at the instigation of his father Orestes the last Western Roman Emperor.
- Trier comes under the rule of the Rhine Franks; Cologne is also Frankish. Since the local rulers of Trier, Arbogast is the younger, Catholic, Christian faith is preserved.
- Eurich, king of the Visigoths, the Provence is back at West Rome and in return for his people total independence (see Visigoths ).
- 475/476: In the Visigothic kingdom of Codex Euricianus is recorded, a people right in the Latin language, which regulates the legal relationships of both the Germans and the novels in the country.
- A synod in Arles condemned the doctrine of predestination of Lucidus.
- Gerasimos, Christian monk and saint
- Vardapet Yeghishe, an Armenian historian (* 410)
- 475: Valentine of Raetia, Bishop of Passau