History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Wood Tiger甲寅( at the beginning of the year, water buffalo癸丑)
Era of Diocletian: 430/431 ( year November )
Syria: 1025/26 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- An edict of the Chinese Emperor Tang Xuanzong enforces the return of 12,000 ordained Buddhist monks to the lay state.
- As of spring: Muslims under Tariq ibn Musa ibn Nusair and Ziyad set of Toledo from the conquest of the Visigoth kingdom and continued to occupy this year, the area to the Ebro.
- Musa ibn Nusair is ordered by Caliph Al- Walid I to Damascus. Before his departure he sets for the conquered Al -Andalus his son Abd al - Aziz as governor of a.
- After the death of the Frankish mayor of the palace Pepin the Middle, there is a power struggle between the Plectrude widow and Pippin's illegitimate son Charles Martel; the young Merovingian King Dagobert III. plays because he is merely a puppet king, does not matter.
- Radbod seeks to exploit the turmoil in the Frankish Empire to recapture Friesland.
- Æthelstan takes the rule in Sussex.
- February 28: In Syria, there will be an earthquake.
- Pippin III. the Younger ( " the Short " ), father of Charles the Great ( † 768)
- To 714: Carloman, Carolingian house Meier († 754 )
- April: Grimoald the Younger, Franconian house Meier, son of Pippin the Middle (c. 680)
- Al- Hajjaj, governor of the Umayyad (* 661 )
- To 714: Agila II, King of the Visigoths