Asendorf ( Low German: Asendörp ) is a rural municipality in the Bruchhausen- Vilsen in Diepholz in Lower Saxony.
- 3.1 municipal
- 3.2 Coat of Arms
- 4.1 Art Exhibitions
- 4.2 Structures
- 4.3 Museums
- 5.1 traffic
The community is located 36 km south of Bremen and is the second largest town in the integrated municipality.
The town was named in 1252 as Asenthorpe and 1330 as Asendorpe. Aso as a personal name may go back to the Germanic Ans and so the concept of the Aesir, the pagan gods of the Teutons. Anso, Aso, Aaso, Asso, Oso, osso are attested in written sources since the 8th century. The name could also be of Lombard origins, as there should have been among the Lombards a personal name Aso or Anso.
1091, the village was first mentioned. Gerhard II of Stumpenhusen was once supposed to cede seven farmsteads and eight serfs in Asendorf and four other farmsteads in Uepsen to the Church. He was allegedly occupied by the princes of the church with a curse and has cheated on her, because he yielded only four farmsteads from Asendorf and two from Uepsen. Because of the fraud and the Schuldens of farmsteads and serfs him the Church has made in the process Achim. It was chaired by the highest ecclesiastical prince of the region, Archbishop Liemar of Bremen and there were many other nobles present, such as Duke Magnus ( persecuted and put Gerhard von Stumpenhusen ), Mark Graf Udo, Count Friedrich Vogt of the Church, Count Lambert of Westfala, Thieoderich the Sveve, Brother Marcellinus, Folcbert and knights of Count Heinrich von Hamburg, Reinhold and Heriman of Imina and the brothers of Gerhard, Margrave Gerbert and to more Free in the wake together more than 300
Asendorf was at the time already a Kerkspeel with the presbyter Lambertus, so the church as a building must already have existed at that time. The origin of the village is well in front, but the official 900 - year anniversary was celebrated in 1991.
Around 1250 there is evidence of a parish church ( " parochia in Asenthorpe " ) and it arrived in the 16th century to a further mention in the church records: The St. Paul Monastery in Bremen, which included the Asendorfer Church, refused the debt with ablate that were created by the crew of the county Hoya by the Dukes of Brunswick- Lüneburg. Count Jobst II von Hoya confiscated in consequence, the goods of the monastery in Asendorf.
In 1524 the tower of St. Marcellus Church was built and extended the nave. 1778 was a renewal of the Church and in 1909 the two transepts and the apse were grown. Between 1950 and 1964 there were a total repair with painting of the interior of the church.
1898 came the little train Hoya - Syke - Asendorf, 1900 at the route Bruchhausen- Vilsen - was extended Bruchhausen- Vilsen - Asendorf. The Asendorf station is today endpoint of the First Museum Railway in Germany. Today's Federal Highway 6 was already traced out to Wietzen 1771 by Syke, but not yet paved; only from 1810 to 1826 it was completed.
Since 2001, the site is sponsored by the Village Renewal Programme Lower Saxony.
The Samtgemeinde Asendorf was disbanded on 1 March 1974 and merged with the municipalities Brebber, eating, Graue, Haendorf, High Moor, Kuhlenkamp and Uepsen for rural community Asendorf.
(1961: June 6, 1970: 27 May, each territorial status of the church today, from 1987 on 31 December)
The municipal council of Asendorf consists of 15 council women and councilors.
- CDU 6 seats
- SPD 2 seats
- Green 3 seats
- UWG 2 seats
- Free Alliance 2 seats
(As at municipal election held on September 11, 2011 )
Coat of arms
Blazon: In gold with gold twin strips occupied, lowered, black oblique bar links; above two upright averted, connected below by a piece of red armored, black bear paws, down 8 ( 1:2:2:2:1 ) diagonally left Asked, round embossed, red coins ".
Culture and sights
The Art Shed Asendorf was opened in 2010 in a former storage shed next to the platforms of the railway museum at Asendorf station. In the rustic ambience of a timber shed put on about 220 m² changing artists exhibit their works. Operator is the art rail.
- The St. Marcellus Church is a church hall of brick, dating from the Middle Ages in the core.
- The car museum Asendorf was opened in 1980. Exhibits about 60 vehicles, especially small cars.
- Lower Saxony Kleinbahnmuseum ( Museum Railway Bruchhausen- Vilsen - Asendorf ), the first railway museum in Germany, a narrow gauge railway with 1,000 mm track gauge. It is operated by the German Railway Club.
Station with abfahrendem museum train
Wismar railcar roundhouse in Asendorf the museum railway
Economy and infrastructure
The Federal Highway 6 Hanover -Bremen directly by the municipality. In addition Asendorf lies on the railway line Bruchhausen- Vilsen - Asendorf you are passing over the museum traffic.
- August von Arnswaldt (1798-1855), landowner in Hardenbostel, writer
- Hermann von Arnswaldt (1841-1910), landowner in Hardenbostel, member of the Reichstag