Euskirchen [ ʔɔɪ̯skɪʁçn̩ ] is the county town of the same district in the southern Rhineland, North Rhine -Westphalia ( Germany ).
Euskirchen received city rights in 1302 and was in the 1827 town of the district of the same name. With over 55,000 inhabitants, it is the seat of many central facilities and the center of one 's own region with a coverage area of over 190,000 people.
Parts of the old city wall and three of the towers that were once part of town fortifications, stand alongside modern architecture. Within the medieval city wall ring extends the pedestrian zone. Native language of the native Euskirchener was and is still the Eifel Platt, which has a different character than the Cologne dialect. During the debate, Euskirchen is stressed on the first syllable, not the second.
- 2.1 Amalgamations
- 3.1 City Council and Mayor
- 3.2 City Arms, Flag and Logo
- 3.3 Town twinning
- 4.1 Museums
- 4.2 religions
- 4.3 Structures
- 4.4 parks
- 4.5 Carnival
- 4.6 Entertainment and Leisure
- 5.1 Industrial and Commercial
- 5.2 Retail
- 5.3 traffic 5.3.1 Rail transport
- 5.3.2 bus
- 5.3.3 roads
- 5.3.4 Access to local airports
- 7.1 Education and Research
- 7.2 judicial authorities
- 7.3 barracks
- 8.1 freeman
- 8.2 Sons and daughters of the town
- 8.3 Other affiliated with the city of people
Euskirchen is located in the Zuelpicher beading on the northern edge of the Eifel region, about 25 km from Bonn and 35 km from Cologne. Right through the city center flows partially covered Veybach. Through the entire city and on the outskirts of Euskirchen along Erftstraße flows.
The metropolitan area extends in a north-south direction over 15 km, in east- west direction for 14 km. The total area is 139.63 km ², and the city limits is 85 km long. Euskirchen is located 50 ° 40 '0 " north latitude and 6 ° 47 ' 0" East Longitude. The lowest point is 137 m above sea level. NHN on the northern edge of the urban area in the Erft lowlands, the highest point is 411.5 m above sea level. NHN the Hahnberg in Flamersheimer Forest, southeast of the Steinbachtalsperre.
Euskirchen has a below-average rainfall and a low water table. The main river is Erftstraße.
Precipitation and groundwater in the coal mining area
In Euskirchen fall about 680 mm of precipitation per year. That is about 110 mm less than the national average and justified by the geographical location of Euskirchen. Because of the prevailing westerly winds, much of the rainfall is intercepted by the western slopes of the highlands and high rainfall rain before and in the Eifel from. The lignite mine affected, among other things, the groundwater situation and the amount of water in rivers and streams. This mining is only possible if you sümpft large area, thus lowering the water table. In 2010, about 550 million cubic meters of water, most of the Hambach mine lifted. Almost half of these was conducted in Erftstraße and so carried away.
Rivers and Creeks
In addition to the following, according to river and tributaries parent rivers and streams, there are mainly in the southern area of the metropolitan area numerous other streams, for example in Münstereifeler forest, on the mountain ranges is the watershed between Erft and Ahr.
- Erft ( flows into the Rhine ) Mersbach
- Veybach Mitbach
- Cooling stream
- Steinbach / Öhrbach Hüllochsiefen
- Sürstbach Hunnensiefen
- Lead Bach
- Goats Bach
- Effelsberg Bach
Lakes and reservoirs
In Euskirchen, there are no natural lakes, but only a few ponds and artificial ponds. The Steinbachtalsperre and Madbachtalsperre in the urban area were built in the 1930s for domestic water supply Euskirchener the cloth industry and are located just a few kilometers away from each other, in the south of the city near Kirchheim.
The town of Euskirchen includes not only the core city with the old town districts, East, West, North and South City 22 further statistical districts:
Cheap, Disternich, Dom- Esch, Elsig Euenheim, Flamersheim, Mrs. Berg, Großbüllesheim, Kessenich, Kirchheim, Kleinbüllesheim, Kreuzweingarten - Rheder, Sweet Home, Lower Case wooden, Palmer Home, Roitzheim, Rudesheim, Schweinheim Stotzheim, Weidesheim, Wißkirchen and Wüschheim.
In the north, west and south Euskirchen borders cities and towns of the district Euskirchen, in the east, the Rhein-Sieg -Kreis. Just a few hundred meters from the border between Euskirchen, Bad Münster Eifel and the Rhine river, in the extreme southeast of the urban area, the border to the municipality in the district of Ahrweiler Altenahr runs ( Rhineland -Palatinate ), to which, however, there is no common boundary line. A few kilometers north of Oberwichterich also borders the city Erftstadt to the area of Zuelpich.
North of the city parts Großbüllesheim and Wüschheim lies the community Weilerswist. In the west the boundary runs to the city Zuelpich along the A 1, with the exception of the districts Oberwichterich and Mrs. Mountain, located west of the highway. In the southwest, west of the city Wisskirchen Mechernich closes at whose border south of Forest Cheaper runs until after Kreuzweingarten. South of the border begins at the town of Bad Münster Eifel, which leads into the municipality Altenahr by the Münstereifeler forest around the Steinbachtalsperre around to the village mountain. There, the territory of the town in the Rhine river Rhein- Sieg district, which extends to the east up to the height of Palmer home starts. There then is bordered to the northeast, the municipality Swisttal also Rhein- Sieg district, in the city area and extends to the east of Großbüllesheim.
Finds of tools prove the existence of people about 3000 to 2000 BC to the present area. Celtic settlements are detected around 800 to 500 BCE. In the Roman period around 38 BC and populated Eburons Ubii the flow field of Erft, and put on a road network. In Cheap ( Belgica victus ) a road junction and trade center was built.
From 500 to 800 AD, was located near the present-day Annaturm place a Frankish Hofsiedling. 870 the name Euskirchen was first handed down. At that time, there was talk among others Auelskirchen, Auskirchen, just the " church on the floodplain ," meaning probably the still existing church of St. Martin was meant in the heart of the town, which was on a floodplain. The settlements Disternich, Rudesheim and Kessenich join Euskirchen. To 1151 the Martin church was enlarged and the Court Church of St. George is created. Around 1270, a rampart and ditches has been created, the site was expanded to the east and southeast to Mühlbach out by millers and tanners. 1280-1300 the quarter grew by St. Martin's Church.
Euskirchen received on 1 August 1302, the city rights conferred by Walram VIII ( 1277-1302 ) of Monschau- Falkenburg. The city was surrounded Euskirchen in the Middle Ages from 1325 of a 1450 m long city wall with seven towers and three gates (see Old Town).
Euskirchen was captured on 4 March 1945 by the 1st U.S. Army, as part of Operation Lumberjack ( 1 to 7 March 1945) was advancing and a day later reached Cologne. On March 7, captured Americans at Remagen intact railroad bridge, the Ludendorff Bridge.
By the middle of the 20th century drove a narrow- gauge railway, which Euskirchener circular path, popularly called " Flushed " of Erftstadt - Liblar towards Euskirchen. To this day, the pub "In de Flushed " on the disused railway line.
Disternich, Kessenich and Rüdesheim have been part of the town charter in 1302 to Euskirchen.
On 1 July 1969, the formerly independent communities Cheap, Dom- Esch, Elsig Euenheim, Flamersheim, Mrs. Berg, Großbüllesheim, Kirchheim, Kleinbüllesheim, Kreuzweingarten - Rheder, Kuchenheim, Lower Case wooden, Palmer Home, Roitzheim, Schweinheim Stotzheim, Weidesheim were Wißkirchen and Wüschheim area and parts of the municipalities Antweiler, Arloff, Lessenich - Rißdorf, Obergartzem and Satzvey - Firmenich incorporated.
City Council and Mayor
In August 2009, the city council was elected. In the current legislative session, the CDU with 22 seats, the majority of the 50 city councilors. The SPD is on 11 seats, the FDP provides seven City Council members, the Alliance 90/The Greens 6 and the Independent Voter Association 3 Furthermore heard a non-party councilor on the Council.
After changing the North Rhine-Westphalian Municipal Code since 1999, the mayor not only representative of the city, but at the same time head of the administration (formerly Town Clerk ). In addition, the Mayor has since been elected directly by the people in a direct line. The current mayor Uwe Friedl in 1999, 2004 and 2009, each elected by an absolute majority as mayor.
City Arms, Flag and Logo
Blazon: " In red a golden floating gate (castle ) with halbgezogenem portcullis and two crenellated tower towers, beseitet of two labels, the front in silver on the left inverted doppelschwänziger goldbekrönter Red Lion, back in gold a black lion. " Coat of arms Explanation: The two-tailed red lion with golden crown in silver frame is the coat of arms of the Dukes of Limburg and the noblemen of Heinberg - Falkenburg, the black lion in a golden field the coat of arms of the Dukes of Jülich. Up to 650 anniversary of the city of 1952, the ( growing ) city gate with two towers flank facing golden lion, and the gate were right and keeping left.
Flag description: "The city leads not only to the coat of arms its own flag with the colors red and gold. She is red-yellow ( gold) in the ratio 1: 1, striated and can be done with the coat of arms in the sign in the middle. "
From 1974 to 2002, a logo was used, the " town of Euskirchen " included the script in modern font, and a four-leaf clover, which was composed of the first letter 'E'. Later the logo was used even without the word " city " and got the subtitle " town in the Rhein Erft ".
2002, a new logo has been introduced. The initials ' Eu' form is a face and " euskirchen " under the logo, the slogan " city with face " immortalized. The quiff symbolizes both the Veybach which flows through the city and the hills of the Lower Eifel, located in Euskirchen. The stubble stand for the green surroundings of the county seat. The graphics and the associated slogan were designed as part of a 2001 which was organized by the city competition of the Euskirchener graphic designer Thomas Latzke.
- Charleville- Mézières (France), since 1961
- Basingstoke and Deane (United Kingdom), since 1986 alternating annually between the two cities is a sports competition in various disciplines rather than
Culture and sights
- City Museum Euskirchen
- Rhine Industrial Museum Müller woolen mill
- Fire Museum Flamersheim
Euskirchen is traditionally characterized Catholic. In a visitation report of 1698 states that: " In Euskirchen no other faiths, all Catholic. " Before and after but other denominations were always represented, mainly Protestants and Jews. The first Jewish cemetery was established in 1467.
Catholic churches and chapels:
The churches are part of the deanery Euskirchen in the Archdiocese of Cologne and form three pastoral areas.
Pastoral area of St. Martin:
- Heart of Jesus ( downtown)
- St. Matthias ( South City )
- St. Martin ( Euskirchen ) ( downtown)
Pastoral area Erft mill creek:
- St. Martinus (Dom- Esch)
- St. Stephen's discovery ( Flamersheim )
- St. Michael ( Großbüllesheim )
- St. Martinus ( Kirchheim )
- St. Peter and Paul ( Kleinbüllesheim )
- St. Nicholas ( Kuchenheim )
- St. Lawrence (Lower Case wooden ) ( Branch Church )
- St. Peter and Paul ( Palmer Home )
- St. Stephen ( Roitzheim )
- Holy Trinity ( Schweinheim ) ( Branch Church )
- Church of the Assumption ( Weidesheim )
Pastoral area lead Bach / Hardt:
- St. Cyriacus (cheap )
- Cross discovery ( Elsig )
- St. Brictius ( Euenheim )
- St. George ( Mrs. Berg )
- Holy Cross ( Kreuzweingarten )
- Mother of Good Counsel ( Rheder ) ( Chapel )
- St. Martin ( Stotz Home )
- St. Medard ( Wißkirchen )
- Evangelical Church ( Euskirchen )
- Evangelical Church ( Flamersheim )
Greek Orthodox Church:
- Greek Orthodox Church of St John the Baptist ( Kleinbüllesheim )
Evangelical Free Churches:
- Christian Church Euskirchen
- Community of Christ no. 17 eV
- Evangelical Free Church congregation Euskirchen ( Baptists )
- Evangelical Christians- Mennonite Brethren Church
- Free Christian Community Euskirchen
- Apostolic Community church Euskirchen
- New Apostolic Church
- In the Annaturm road existed until the Kristallnacht on 9 November 1938, the synagogue, in their place, a memorial stone was erected.
- Jewish Cemetery ( Euskirchen, Old Cemetery )
- Jewish Cemetery ( Euskirchen, Kölner Straße )
- Jewish Cemetery Mrs. Berger Straße ( Euskirchen )
- Bahá'í community in the Victoria Road opposite the Evangelical Church
By Euskirchener district Kreuzweingarten the Roman aqueduct leads to Cologne. An outcrop of line shows a particularly powerful layer of sintering, the marble was similar as a valued building material in the Middle Ages.
The St. Martin 's Church on Church Street was built as early as the 7th century. The neo-Gothic Sacred Heart Church, however, dates from the 20th century.
Worth seeing is the historic Old Market in the city center, which is part of the pedestrian zone today. Until 1973 stand here nor the hotel Joisten, which had to give a modern office and commercial building with retail premises and shopping arcade.
Parts of the medieval fortifications, including some city towers have been preserved. In the urban area there are a total of twelve castles that can be visited on the 45 -kilometer Euskirchener castle tour.
- Castle Flamersheim
- Großbüllesheim Castle
- Hardt castle
- Castle Kessenich
- Great castle - Kleinbüllesheim
- Niederbolheim box wood
- Burgring Home
- Castle Schweinheim
- Castle Veynau
- Upper Castle Kuchenheim
- Lower Castle Kuchenheim
The " castle Palmer Home " was never a castle but a fortified manor.
In the Anna Tower Street synagogue was built in 1816, the first burned in a great fire on 19 May 1886 but was immediately rebuilt. In the Kristallnacht on 9 November 1938, she was then burned down. Since 1981 there called for a memorial stone to the pogrom.
See also: List of monuments in Euskirchen
In the 1990s, the plant Auelsburg with a large playground and a skate park was built between Basingstoker ring and Georg road along the Veybachs. This skatepark is called by the local young people and the pipe.
Along the city walls with the Frese tower is located in the city center, the park Disternicher Torwall.
Erft systems / Erftauen
By 1896, emerged on both sides of the Erft Erftstraße systems between Kölner Straße and Erftstraße that were extended after 1907 to Kessenich. In the 1970s, the green area along the Veybachs has been extended until the goose pasture back. Erftstraße systems are today the most extensive green area of the city. They included until 2006 and 2007, an indoor and outdoor pool, which has since been demolished without compensation. Since 1975, the Rheinische Week took place in the Erft systems. Today the plant is used both as a recreational park as well as an exhibition park.
Schiller Park and Mitbachanlagen
In the late 1920s originated in the southern city near the former Disternich of Schiller Park. With its small lake and the Mitbachanlagen the park is still an idyllic gem near downtown.
City Park, Ruhrpark
At the roundabout William Street / Avenue Road between the railway embankment and the former cloth factory ship man lies the city or Ruhrpark. With its portfolio of large trees, a central fountain and its downtown location, the park invites you to linger.
The urban forest in 1900 was converted into a park with paths and benches and received in 1905 for the 100th anniversary of the death of Friedrich Schiller a central roundel with the named after the poet " Schillerstein ". In 1907, the present city forest restaurant was opened. The urban forest, located on the southern edge of the south town, close to the St. Mary's Hospital, is also over 100 years later, still a popular destination, especially for sports activities. It offers tennis courts, a jogging path, and in general used by joggers and walkers.
Euskirchen is a stronghold of the Rhenish carnival. Every year there is a big Rosenmontagszug and a children's train.
The four major carnival societies alternate annually with the Prince from, who is elected by the celebration committee Euskirchener Carnival Association ( FEuKa ). On the occasion of the millennium, there were 2000, a triumvirate, also in 2012. The coopers (children Prince ) is also provided in the change of four fatherless urban carnival societies. Prince and Cooper are proclaimed by the mayor. Once the search for prince is getting harder now princesses or three female stars are possible.
The four major traditional carnival societies in Euskirchen are:
- Prinzengarde Euskirchen 1938 eV
- Narrenzunft 1949 eV
- Old Oeskerche 1953 eV
- KG Erfttal 1958 eV
There are also two in Euskirchen carnival Social Groups:
- IG Southtown Carnival 1990 eV
- Carnival IG of North Town 1999 eV
Entertainment and Leisure
In the south of the urban area in the district of Kirchheim is the Steinbachtalsperre, which also makes available a portion for public swimming ( Waldschwimmbad ). In the area of the core city of Euskirchen there is no public swimming pool more. Situated on the Keltenring indoor pool was closed and demolished in 2008.
Located below the indoor swimming pool outdoor swimming pool had been updated a few years ago. Nevertheless, the city Euskirchen has decided to shut down and the outdoor swimming pool during the closure of the swimming pool.
Along the Erft and Erft- mill brook, there is a Mühlenwanderweg. Here you can see how important the little water was earlier for the industry.
The town of Euskirchen is connected to a number of cycle routes:
- The Erft cycle path begleidet Erftstraße of their source in Nice Home Holzmülheim up to its confluence with the Rhine at Neuss.
- The Water Castle Route connects more than 130 castles on the edge of the Eifel and in the Cologne Bight.
- The Valleys route opens up interesting tourist places in North Rhine -Westphalia on family-friendly route.
- The D- Route 4: Mittelland Route: From Aachen and Bonn Siegen, Erfurt, Jena and Chemnitz to Zittau.
- The D- Route 7: Pilgrims Route: From Aachen via Cologne, Dusseldorf, Duisburg, Münster, Osnabrück, Bremen and Hamburg to Flensburg.
Economy and infrastructure
Industrial and commercial
Euskirchen features a diverse and balanced economic structure. Thus, the city offers many jobs for a wide catchment area. Euskirchen is a rural town with large open fields that serve the agricultural development and thus acreage are for the many farmers from Euskirchen and environment. There are mostly grown sugar beet. Euskirchen is a sugar factory since 1879 seat. Another important industry was until a few decades ago the cloth manufacture, but due to the competition from large international companies could not keep up. Under the sponsorship of the Chamber of Aachen, the Aachen Chamber of Commerce and the district of Euskirchen Euskirchen the vocational training center ( BZE) was founded in 1970 in the legal form of a public purpose association. It should focus on support structural change in the region through appropriate skills training and exemplary concepts and promote.
The two largest commercial and industrial areas in Euskirchen with 21,000 jobs are:
- IPAS (industrial park on the silver mountain ) with 4 million square meters, of which 3.6 million m² located on Euskirchener city area
- EURO- Park ( located between Euskirchen and Roitzheim ) with 1.5 million m².
In IPAS, in the districts Wüschheim / Großbüllesheim, has the consumer goods giant Procter & Gamble a manufacturing plant and a warehouse.
In EURO- park the German Nestlé Purina PetCare (animal food ) as well as T -Shirts Deutsche Telekom headquarters, the sugar factory Pfeifer & Langen is located in the EURO- park and there was established in the building materials chain Mobau ( Modern builders ) held today in Euro Building Materials ( EUR building materials ) has risen.
Right next to the industrial park IPAS is the " Prime Site Rhine Region ", a settlement area exclusively for large investors. With a total area of 205 hectares, which is roughly the size of 300 football fields, the " Prime Site Rhine Region " is so far the first undeveloped and available industrial and commercial area of this size in North Rhine -Westphalia. It is located at about 85 % (177 ha) on the territory of the town of Euskirchen and 15 % (28 ha) in the municipality Weilerswist. The already well-developed large area is reserved need for space-intensive, large-scale projects from 80 acres to 2019. It is marketed by the state-owned promotion company NRW.INVEST internationally.
Financial institution see Kreissparkasse Euskirchen.
The retail sector in Euskirchen focuses on the downtown with the 1974 incurred pedestrian area and the industrial area EURO- park on the outskirts. There is a wide range of goods and department stores and specialized retail outlets. The main areas of pedestrian zone extending from the Veybachstraße over the station and up to the age Neustraße market and on the Berlin street. Four parking garages and ample parking space as well as the nearby train station and easy access to the public transport offer a comprehensive infrastructure.
The Euskirchen station is a railway junction on the up Gerolstein largely double track and in due course to Ehrang single track Eifel circuit (Cologne - Euskirchen - Gerolstein -Trier ), branch off the Voreifelbahn to Bonn and Erftstraße Valley Railway to Bad Münstereifel in Euskirchen. On the here also branching flare path to Düren passenger found mainly freight transport, on Sundays and public holidays from time to time again instead.
Five other stations and stops are located within the city limits: sugar factory ( KZU Hp noisy operation centers), Sweet Home, Home Stotz, Kreuzweingarten and Großbüllesheim.
In rail transport, at the regional express lines RE12 Cologne - Euskirchen - Gerolstein Trier (Eifel -Mosel- Express) in daily every two hours and the line RE22 Cologne - Euskirchen - Gerolstein (Eifel - Express, with through binding to Trier as RB 83) in the daily two- hour intervals with compressions during rush hour. The regional rail line RB 24 (Eifel -Bahn ) also connects to the relation Köln-Euskirchen-Kall/Gerolstein in daily hour between Cologne and Kall. Furthermore, there is the RB 23 ( Voreifel -Bahn ) to connect to Bonn and Bad Münster Eifel in daily every hour, which is compressed to Bonn on weekdays to a half hour.
The network of city traffic Euskirchen GmbH consists of 11 lines 860, 869 and 870-878, where in 2006 more than 4.8 million passengers were transported. Bus lines cover nearly the entire metropolitan area and run about every 20 minutes, every hour in the evening. Also on Saturday and Sunday, there is an hourly service. As a special drive during the summer time, the lines 870/873 recreation area, Steinbachtalsperre to. In the nights from Friday to Saturday and Saturday to Sunday and public holidays a week before night traffic is offered every hour.
In addition, there are six inner-city school bus routes. Numerous lines of regional Köln GmbH ( RVK ) provide connectivity to non-urban targets.
For the entire public transport (PT ) the rate of the transport association Rhein-Sieg and collective space border of the NRW rate applies.
By Euskirchen the A runs 1 ( Holy port -Saarbrücken ), which leads north over the cross Bliesheim to A 61 ( Kaldenkirchen - Hockenheim ). After Bonn Euskirchen is connected to the B 56 leading west to Düren and Euskirchen and between Zuelpich as B 56n is a part of the planned motorway A 56. The B 51, which partly runs on the A1 today, Euskirchen connects to Cologne and in the Eifel. The B 266 of Simmerath in the Eifel mountains to Linz am Rhein also performs Euskirchen.
The town center Euskirchen encloses a ring road that was planned in 1904 and completely closed until the year 2003 and receives a substantial part of urban transport. Four-lane roads lead to B 56 to Bonn, the B 51 to Cologne and Bad Münster Eifel as well as the A 1 under construction or in the planning there are northern and southern bypass roads of the B 56 / B 266 west of cake home to the B 56n / A 1 and the B 266 in Euenheim.
Access to local airports
The nearest airports are the airports Cologne / Bonn ( 50 km) and Dusseldorf (97 km ) and the airfields Bonn / Hangelar (34 km) and Dahlem Binz (42 miles)
Euskirchen is the seat of the Fraunhofer Institute for Technological Trend Analysis (INT ).
In Euskirchen since August 1997, the transmitter sends radio Euskirchen, among others, on the frequency 99.7 MHz in the ultra-short range part of the program NRW local radio stations from Oberhausen, partly from Euenheim broadcast program schedules.
Since July 2002 sends Radio 700 - The European Radio " the true hits and oldies from the 60s to the 80s " from the radio building in the cake Strasse. The program is on the cable networks of ish in the northern area of Euskirchen region on 96.00 MHz and in the network of KabelBW in Baden- Württemberg at 738 MHz, as well as antenna to 92.0 MHz (North City) and 107.6 MHz ( Kuchenheim ) to receive. Also, is sent as a live stream on the Internet and via UMTS. Also we started the spread on shortwave 6005 kHz.
Also press is located on site. The Cologne Rundschau and Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger have their own local offices, from which daily information is brought to the residents and report from the circle. Once a week, in addition to the weekly papers focus on Sunday ( Sunday) and Wochenspiegel ( Wednesdays ), which also have their own editors in Euskirchen, distributed free to all households.
In the Euskirchen Parkhotel Euskirchen was built opposite the train station, which was opened on 28 October 2005. Until the end of November 2011, the Parkhotel Euskirchen was part of the American West Paces Hotel Group. Since 1 December 2011, the hotel belongs to the hotel Ameron, which were founded by German hotelier Thomas H. Althoff in 2008. The hotel is classified as a four star superior. Another four-star Hotel is the Design Hotel Eifel, further there is the three-star Hotel Rothkopf and the two- star Hotel Regent, both located in the city center.
Education and Research
As a city of schools Euskirchen has an extensive educational infrastructure.
- Catholic Elementary School St. Francis School
- Catholic Primary School Gertrudisboulevard school
- Community Primary School Hermann -Josef- school
- Community Elementary School, Martin School
- Lutheran Primary School Paul -Gerhardt- school
- Community Primary School Flamersheim
- Community Primary School Großbüllesheim
- Catholic Elementary School in Kirchheim
- Community Primary School Kuchenheim
- School at the Hardt castle - Catholic Primary School Stotzheim
- Veybachschule Wißkirchen
- Community Primary School West Town
- George School
- Joseph Emonds - school
- Kaplan- Kellermann -Realschule
- Willi -Graf -Realschule - European School
- Menno Simons Junior High School ( parochial school )
- Emil Fischer School
- Marie High School School
- School at the Erftaue (primary )
- Matthias -Hagen - school ( secondary education)
- Rhenish school for the hearing impaired ( LVR )
- Rheinische special school KME Euskirchen - Euenheim ( LVR )
- Hans Verbeek School, School for Mentally Handicapped ( circle)
- Thomas Esser vocational college ( circle)
- Vocational training center Euskirchen
- Seminar for senior care, elder care school of the German Red Cross
- Emergency Services School Euskirchen, School for occupations in rescue in the Red Cross center Euskirchen
- Study Center Euskirchen the University of Hagen
- City Community College Euskirchen
- Family home - Catholic Family Education Center
- Music School Euskirchen (district )
- LOS Teaching Institute for spelling and writing technique
- Don Bosco School of Educational Assistance ( county )
- FrescoMaster Academy of Artistic Techniques ( FACT )
- Penitentiary Euskirchen ( Erlenhof )
- District Court Euskirchen
- Major General Baron von Gersdorff Kaserne
- Mercator Barracks
- Johann Peter Schroeder, district administrator of the district of Euskirchen and founder of the circle Checkout Euskirchen (27 May 1858)
- Johann Hubert Joseph Freiherr von AYX, district administrator of the district of Euskirchen (7 January 1897)
- William Landsberg, head teacher in Flamersheim (16 June 1967)
- Carl Otto Selbach, Mayor (7 September 1905)
- Paul von Hindenburg, General Field Marshal (1 October 1917)
- Thomas Esser, club founder, co- founder, editor of Euskirchener People's Daily, various political offices (2 November 1925)
- Carl Koenen, producer (20 December 1935)
- Walter Anton Viktor neck trick producer (16 December 1968)
- Josef Blass, mayor (1956-1969)
- Edward Goering, deputy mayor (29 June 1969)
- André Lebon, co-founder of the partnership with Charleville (1981 )
- Willi Maurer, 1st Deputy Mayor (17 November 1999)
- Theo Wattler, teachers and city councilor (17 November 1999)
- Betty Holmes, co-founder of Basingstoke and Deane twinning with (26 November 2004)
Sons and daughters of the town
- Franz Buirmann (1590-1638), notorious witches kurkölnischer Commissioner, responsible for many victims in witch trials
- Emil Fischer (1852-1919), 1902 Nobel Laureate in Chemistry
- Josef Steinhausen (1885-1959), archaeologist
- Karl Eschweiler (1886-1936), Catholic theologian and philosopher of religion
- Jean Spessart (1886-1961), painter
- Otto Kruger (1895-1973), scientist
- Adolf Frise (1910-2003), journalist and writer
- Herbert Hermesdorf (1914-1999), politician
- Willi Graf (1918-1943), member of the resistance group White Rose
- Anneliese Knoop -Graf (1921-2009), teacher, sister of Willi Graf
- Adalbert Podlech ( born 1929 ), lawyer
- Heinz Küpper (1930-2005), German writer
- Joseph Keul (1932-2000), sports medicine
- Marlene Schmitz- Portz ( b. 1938 ), athlete
- Marlene Fuchs ( b. 1942 ), athlete
- Heinz Flohe (1948-2013), German national football team
- Edith Jeske ( born 1957 ), lyricist, librettist and teacher
- Peter Kahlenborn ( born 1963 ), jazz and improvisational musicians
- Silke Rottenberg (born 1972 ), football national player
- Andreas Izquierdo (* 1968), German crime and scriptwriter
- Bettina Wiegmann (born 1971 ), former football national team
- Sonja Fuss (born 1978 ), football national player
- Sebastian Schlemmer (born 1978 ), actor
- Andreas Wolff ( * 1991), Handball Goalkeeper
- Erdoğan Yeşilyurt (* 1993), football player
Other persons associated with the City
- Hans -Dieter Arntz ( b. 1941 ), senior teacher and regional historian
- Mark Charig ( born 1944 ), jazz musician
- Joseph Emonds (1898-1975), a resistance fighter against National Socialism
- Walter Eschweiler (* 1935), German and FIFA World Cup referees
- Christel Frese ( born 1944 ), athlete
- Theodor Kellermann (1911-1945), Catholic priest
- Hanna- Renate Laurien (1928-2010), politician
- Maximilian Carl von Martial (1665-1743), Field Marshal and Adjutant General of the Count Palatine Johann Wilhelm
- Ernst Neumann - Neander (1871-1954), painter, inventor and motorcycle manufacturer
- Pedro Olympio (1898-1969), physician and Togolese diplomat, 1920 high school graduate in Euskirchen
- Willi Pauli (1936-2003), " Kaare Willi" - City Original
- Joseph Roth (1896-1945), school and teacher training at the Präparandie and trainee at the Martin School
- Dieter Weller Hoff (1933-2005), Inspector General of the Bundeswehr
- Ingo Wolf, Chief Administrative Officer (1993-1999), NRW Minister of the Interior (2005-2010)