Jaguar Mark VII
The Jaguar Mark VII had the six-cylinder DOHC engine of the Jaguar XK 120 with 3442 cc and 160 bhp. Over a four-speed transmission with floor shift the rear wheels were driven up to a top speed of 165 km / hr. The chassis was taken over from the predecessor, but the body was first made without free-standing fenders: The headlights were fully integrated into the body, and the appearance altogether seemed modern and smooth-surfaced. The wheel arches of the rear wheels were covered. Until 1954 20937 copies were made .
In the fall of 1954, the Jaguar Mark VII M. His appeared the same size engine delivered 190 bhp and gave the car a top speed of 170 km / h Additional fog lamps, modified turn signals, up to the wheel cut solid rear bumper and larger tail lights were the distinguishing features of its predecessor. At the customer an overdrive for the four-speed manual transmission or a three-speed automatic transmission was installed ( for export only, since the end of 1953 already with the Mark VII ). A total of 10060 units were sold by the Mark VII M.
Schrader, Halwart: Typenkompass Jaguar - passenger cars since 1931, motor -Verlag, Stuttgart ( 2001), ISBN 3-613-02106-4
Stertkamp, Heiner: Jaguar - The Complete History from 1922 to Today, 2nd edition, Heel -Verlag (2006), ISBN 3-89880-337-6