Nazarovo, Krasnoyarsk Krai
Nasarowo (Russian Назарово ) is a town in Krasnoyarsk (Russia) with 52 817 inhabitants (as of October 14, 2010 ).
The city is located in Nasarower pool, surrounded by foothills of Argakammes, about 240 km west of the regional capital of Krasnoyarsk, on the left bank of the Chulym, a right tributary of the Ob.
The city is Nasarowo the region administratively subordinated directly and also the administrative center of the homonymous Rajons.
Nasarowo lies on a railway track, connecting the Atschinsk on the Trans-Siberian Railway with Abakan at the South Siberian railway. Construction of the line was already started in the years of the First World War, but not completed until 1925.
The town was founded in 1700 by settlers Nasari Patjukow near the mouth of the Adadymka in the Chulym.
In 1786 the village as Nasarowski, named after the founder and inhabited by 15 families mentioned. The place also served as a place of exile, as well as for the Decembrists Anton Arbuzov, who died here.
1888 have been discovered in the area lignite deposits. 1924, the place was Rajonverwaltungszentrum.
After 1945, the brown coal mining began in a big way with development of a first open pit from 1947 to 1953. This was followed by the construction of a thermal power plant. 1946 was the place the status of an urban-type settlement and on December 25, 1961 city law.
Note: Census data
Culture and sights
In Nasarowo there is a local history museum.
In addition to coal mining and energy ( heat power plant Nasarowskaja GRES ) are available in the city of new mechanical engineering, construction (steel and concrete structures, insulation material) and the furniture industry.