Uyar, Uyarsky District, Krasnoyarsk Krai
Uyar (Russian Уяр ) is a small town in the Siberian region of Krasnoyarsk (Russia) with 12,665 inhabitants (as of October 14, 2010 ).
The city is located about 130 km east of the regional capital of Krasnoyarsk on the river Ujarka in the river system of the Yenisei.
The city is the administrative center of Uyar Rajons same name.
The village was founded in the time of application of the Siberian tract, after a re-settlers here in 1760 from the former province of Simbirsk had built a hut first. Later Uyar coaching.
1897 the East Siberian section of the Trans-Siberian Railway was passed through the place, who went in 1899 over its entire length in operation ( Krasnoyarsk - Irkutsk ). The designated first by the river as Ujarskaja station was already in 1897 by the then larger, a few kilometers north village Olgino and again in 1906, renamed as a railroad engineer, in Kljukwennaja.
From the 1920s, the city developed on the basis of subsidized commodities in the area into a regional center of the building materials industry with brick factory, plant for refractory materials, factory for mica products. In 1944 the city charter was granted under the present name.
The station was named Uyar until 1973, after it had been expanded in the 1960s to a node.
Note: from 1939 census data
Culture and sights
In the village Olgino a wooden church from the early 20th century, is obtained in Uyar even different station buildings including the water tower, from the same period.
Economy and infrastructure
The most important economic sector is the construction industry, including a plant for precast concrete products. The town is also the center of an agricultural region with various companies in the food industry.
In Uyar is a major station of the Trans-Siberian Railway ( Route 4229 km from Moscow), branches off from the here a 56- kilometer cross-connection for parallel South Siberian Railway Abakan Taischet ( station Sajanskaja ).
The M53 highway Krasnoyarsk - Novosibirsk - Irkutsk - Listvyanka bypasses the city to the north.