The Oberbergische circle is a circle in the south of North Rhine- Westphalia. It is part of Oberbergisches Region.
- 2.1 Demarcation Bergisch land for Oberbergi country
- 2.2 Circle Outline
- 4.1 Kreistag
- 4.2 District Administrators
- 4.3 Oberkreisdirektor Directors
- 7.1 Jewish Cemeteries
- 8.1 Annually
- 8.2 Frequent
- 9.1 Road traffic
- 9.2 Transportation
- 9.3 Air Traffic
It is bordered to the west by the Rheinisch- Bergisch district, on the north by the cities of Remscheid and Wuppertal to the Ennepe -Ruhr-Kreis and thus also to the Ruhr Regional Association, on the east by the Märkischen circle and at the Olpe district, in the south to the Rhineland-Palatinate county Old churches ( Westerwald) and on the southwest by the Rhein- Sieg-Kreis.
The Oberbergische District is the eastern part area of the nature park Bergisch land. He is 99.2 to 518.2 meters above sea level, forests and water rich and a recreation area for citizens of Cologne, the Ruhr and the Netherlands.
The prevailing rock is greywacke, which was formerly mined on a large scale in quarries and is still mined in part today.
- Northernmost point: turn of Brebach, 480 meters northeast of the village of Griese Siepen / Spreel
- Southernmost point: tributary of Holperbaches, 660 meters west of soaps
- The most westerly point: Suelz, 200 meters west of Klefhaus and 90 meters above the confluence of the Dürschbach
- The easternmost point 20 meters north-west of L342, 790 meters east of Hardt
The highest point of the circle is the Homert 519 meters sea level in the field of Gummersbach at the eastern edge of the district, close to the A45.
The lowest point is just under 100 meters sea level at the reservoir Ehreshoven.
In common parlance, the Oberbergische circle is often divided into "North Circle" and " south circle ". With North District Lindlar, Radevormwald, Hückeswagen, Wipperfuerth and Marie Heath are meant these places have been in 1975 umgemeindet from the Rheinisch- Bergische Kreis Rhein- Wupper or circle. The rest is called south circle, it corresponds roughly to the earlier so-called Oberbergi country. Often the term " Oberbergischer circle " the short form " mountain top " used. Many companies take the short form of the name, for example, the " Volksbank upper mountain". Historically, this term is less common in Radevormwald and Hückeswagen.
Currently, the term center of the circle is more commonly called. At the center of the circle are in the language next to the cities of Mountain Neustadt, Gummersbach Wiehl and the communities angels churches and Marie Heath.
Upper mountain is part of the Rhenish Slate Mountains in the western part of its right bank share. His oldest story begins before about 400 million years ago with a tropical shallow sea. More than 50 million years, it dominated the area of the later Oberbergi country. The most significant geological treasures (also on an international scale ) are the many references to earlier land plants - they should be extraordinary and unique.
The Oberbergische applies compared to the Rhine valley rather than " Altsiedlungsgebiet ". But the influence of the settling and economic man shaped the face of the landscape. So a typical cultural landscape was created by the rural use was for centuries, the result of a substantially extensive farming use. It was characterized by the long period of privation, of concern for the daily bread, misery and partly over-exploitation of the soil.
Probably no other region is dominated by rivers such as the Oberbergische. Thousands of large and small streams have Kerbtälchen, also called " Siefen " that give rise and the landscape lent her face.
After interpretation of the waters name ( Late Ice Age ) of the northern and central area of the district of Germanic immigrants from the north was superimposed since the older La Tene period. Testify Germanic Bach name in the catchment areas of the Wupper / Wipper, Agger and Wiehl. Is revealing that the bigger waters Agger and Wiehl but retained their Celtic name. Ever predominates in the south circle continue the Celtic Namensgut.
The fact that the main stream of settlers who redeveloped the intra bergischen areas between Ruhr and Sieg after centuries of extensive settlement emptiness came from the Rhine, is undisputed from time immemorial.
But at least the existence of a royal court is documented in writing for the Oberbergische. After kept in Düsseldorf Central State Archive deed, Emperor Frederick Barbarossa in 1167 the " Curtis corner of Hagen " = Curtis: large farmyard ( Fronhof, Salhof ) in the early Middle Ages = the silver mines and other accessories to the Archbishop of Cologne. Since the municipal reform of 1969 - the communities Denklingen corner and Hagen were merged - is the living memory continues to the former belonging to the imperial or royal estate in the new community name Reichshof.
Demarcation Bergisch land for Oberbergi country
The Oberbergische country situated in the southeast of the former Duchy of Berg and formerly adjacent areas and is now part of the tourist region Bergisch land. Already in 1740 separated a description of the Duchy of Berg with its 17 offices, the " low- Bergische " north of the Wupper from " Oberbergi " south of the river Wupper.
When the Duchy and the neighboring territories were reorganized by Napoleon I in 1806 and the Congress of Vienna in 1815, were also the formerly independent kingdom reigns Gimborn -Neustadt, one of the Gummersbach, and Homburg, and parts of the county of Mark to the Grand Duchy of Berg or to Prussia.
( Population figures from December 31, 2012)
The Oberbergische circle grew in 1932 from the union of the formerly independent circuits Gummersbach and Waldbroel (without the Office Dattenfeld ), with the seat of county government in Gummersbach. During the municipal reorganization, the county area in 1975 to help communities Lindlar and angels churches and the cities Hückeswagen, Radevormwald and Wipperfuerth was extended. The name of the circle is not due to the mountainous landscape, but to the former rulers, the Counts of Berg.
The council has 58 seats in October 2009, distributed to the individual parties and groups as follows:
- CDU: 26 seats
- SPD: 15 seats
- FDP: 6 seats
- GREEN: 6 seats
- UWG / FWG: 2 seats
- LEFT: 2 seats
- Per NRW: 1 seat
Since 1 October 1999, there are - as before 1945 - only a full-time district administrator, so is the administrative head at the same time.
Senior district directors
In the district, the economy is mainly dominated by small and medium sized industry. There are many companies in the plastics processing, automotive supply industry, metal processing and services.
The unemployment rate currently stands at 6.4%; well below the state and national average
Bonds and investments
The Oberbergische circle
- Is a member of the German County
- Is co-owner of the Cologne District Savings Bank
- Belongs to the area of the Rhineland Regional Council
- Located in the district of Cologne
- Is a member of Local 2010 in the Cologne / Bonn
- Is co-owner of the transport association Rhein-Sieg.
Nationally known are the so-called Colorful Kerken, the churches with medieval wall and ceiling paintings. The Oberbergische country is also known for its mills and the numerous dams.
Other attractions include:
- Historic Old Town with Mountain Heritage Museum
- Bergisch open air museum Lindlar
- Oberbergischer Cathedral in Gummersbach
- Church Hülsenbusch ( Protestant)
- The Barrel Organ Museum ( museum of mechanical musical instruments) in Heide- Marie Kemper height
- Dieringhausen Railway Museum
- Dahl House
- Rhine Industrial Museum in Engelskirchen
- Romanesque St. Nicolas Church ( Wipperfuerth )
- Schloss Gimborn
- Schloss Homburg
- Castle and historic old town of Hückeswagen
- Wiehl stalactite cave
For the Oberbergischer a Jewish cemetery is documented, namely in Nümbrecht. He is a protected cultural monument - stone witness to a previously existing Jewish community and a lively Jewish community life until the 1930s.
- Every second Thursday of livestock and Krammarkt Waldbroel
- From March to December, instead of the farmers and small animal market at the monkey and bird park corner Hagen on every first Sunday of the month.
In the district 643 cars per 1,000 people are admitted (as of 1 January 2009). This is the third highest density of vehicles in North Rhine -Westphalia. By comparison, Germany has a total of 603 Pkw/1.000 inhabitants.
In the southern part of the Oberbergische circle the A 4 motorway crosses with connection points in angels churches, Bielenstein, Gummersbach, Reichshof / Bergneustadt and Reichshof- Eckenhagen the circle area from west to east.
At times, a federal highway 451 was planned to run through the entire circle of Waldbroel over mountain Neustadt and Marie Heath to Radevormwald sollte.Das section of Denklingen to Mountain Town was completed as B 256 mostly four lanes, a two-lane extension to Marie Heath at a later time is still provided. The rest of the planning was discarded.
Furthermore, a A 54 in the north and a A 56 should affect the county in the south, the latter with access to the A 451 Both plans were rejected.
The German railway maintains in her nowadays strongly shrunken railway network in the country Oberbergi stops, among other angels in churches, Ründeroth, Dieringhausen, Gummersbach and Marie Heath ( Oberbergische train).
Other transport lines are united in the Oberbergi Transport Company ( OVAG ) and other transport companies.
The Oberbergische circle belongs to the tariff zone of the transport association Rhein-Sieg (VRS ).
In Oberbergisch district there are three airfields for general aviation. All three are now approved as a special landing pad.
- Mountain Town / On the Dümpel
- Meinerzhagen Marie Heath ( single tarmac runway Upper Mount )
- Wipperfuerth - Neye
In addition, there are:
- Terrain for the sport of soaring in Lindlar and Radevormwald - Leye
- Free balloon launch sites in Reichshof corner Hagen and Wiehl
- Heliports in Hückeswagen and the district hospital Gummersbach
The nearest international airport is Cologne / Bonn Airport, around 20 km from the southwestern county boundary.
Weather in Oberbergi
There are nine rainfall and climate stations of the German Weather Service in the district, namely at the Bever Dam near Wipperfuerth in Lindlar Oberlichtinghagen, Marie Heath WWTP North, Morsbach, Radevormwald, Waldbroel and Wipperfuerth - Gardeweg.
January 4, 2007, is a weather station on the Lindchen in Nümbrecht. It is operated by Leif Kliesch and provides the weather data to the monitoring network by Jörg tile man.
In corner Hagen, the only online weather station of the German Weather Service is in a circle. There, every ten minutes of air temperature and humidity, sunshine duration and temperature are measured in the soil.
Since January 2006, the private weather station Bergneustadt records the current Wettervorkommnisse. The hourly stored data are freely available from a weather archive available. In addition, a webcam archive comes with Webcams from Mountain Town and the surrounding area.