Sayama (Japanese狭 山 市, - shi) is a Japanese city in Saitama Prefecture, about 30 minutes by train from Tokyo. The city is famous for Sayama tea.
The city of Sayama was established on July 1, 1954 from the merger of the community Irumagawa (入 间 川 町, machi ) with the villages Horikane (堀 兼 村, -mura ), Iruma (入 间 村, -mura ), Kashiwabara (柏 原 村, -mura ), Mizutomi (水 富 村, -mura ) and Okutomi (奥 富 村, -mura ) in the district of Iruma.
Sayama is located northwest of Tokorozawa and southwest of Kawagoe.
- Street: National Road 16, according to Chiba, Ichihara, Hachioji and Yokosuka
- Seibu Shinjuku Line: Sayama Station, Station Inariyama - Kōen ( Park )
- Dai- Nippon Insatsu
- Lotte Group
- Flag of South Korea Tongyeong, South Korea, since 1973
- People's Republic of China Hangzhou, People's Republic of China, since 1996
- Japan Jinnan, Japan, since 1997
- United States Worthington, United States, since 1999
Adjacent Cities and Towns