History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Earth Hare己卯( at the beginning of the year Earth Tiger戊寅)
Era of Diocletian: 395/396 ( year November )
Syria: 990/991 (October)
Politics and World Affairs
- December 23: Dagobert II, King of Austrasia is stabbed near Stenay of one of Pepin II hired assassin. Theodoric III. may prevail all over the empire as king now.
- Khan Asparuch based on the lower Danube, a Bulgarian Empire; native to southern Russia, the Bulgarians took advantage of the weakening of the Byzantine Empire by the attack of the Arabs ( siege of Constantinople Opel ) to cross the Danube and incorporate the province of Moesia.
- In the Battle of the Trent King Æthelred of Mercia conquers Ecgfrith King of Northumbria; because perishes in battle Ælfwine of Deira, ending the kingdom of Deira, which from this point, combined with Bernicia, finally in Northumbria rises.
- Georgios I. is Patriarch of Constantinople Opel as the successor of Theodoros I.
- October 02: Leger, Bishop of Autun, and Holy (c. 616)
- December 23: Dagobert II, King of Austrasia, and Holy
- Ælfwine, King of Deira
- Æthelthryth, Anglo-Saxon saint (c. 636)
- Warin of Poitou, Frankish saint
- 673 or 679: Remaclus, bishop of Maastricht and saint (c. 600)