Altendorf, Upper Franconia
Altendorf is a community in the Upper Franconian district of Bamberg.
- 2.1 Religion
- 2.2 Amalgamations
- 2.3 Population development
- 3.1 municipal
- 3.2 Mayor
- 3.3 Coat of Arms
- 5.1 Economy, agriculture and forestry
- 5.2 traffic
- 5.3 volunteer fire
- 5.4 Education
Old village lies in the Upper Franconia - West region. There are the following districts: Altendorf, Seußling.
Neighboring municipalities are (from north clockwise beginning ): Hirschaid, Butt Home, Eggolsheim, Hallersdorf (both in Forchheim ).
Altendorf is divided into two districts (in brackets population figures as at 30 December 2011):
- Altendorf ( 1549)
- Seußling ( 523 )
Many finds from Celtic times to prove the early settlement. Around the time of Elbgermanen penetrated into the area. A Germanic burial ground in the area of the Neubert - flooded gravel pit was used about 450 years long. While old village was first mentioned as a Slavic village round in 1096, the district Seußling was called off 800 as Kirchdorf. Here was one of the 14 Slavic churches from the time of the Slavic mission of Charlemagne. The parish Seußlings continued until well into the Steigerwald.
Old village belonged before the secularisation High Monastery at Bamberg and from 1500 also the Frankish kingdom circle. Since the Imperial Diet of 1803 the place belonged to Bavaria. In the course of administrative reform in Bavaria, was born with the congregation of 1818, the current community.
The Catholic Church in the Old Village is a branch church of St. Bartholomew, Butt home. The municipal area, there is the Catholic parish of St. Sigismund Seußling.
The parish church of St. Sigismund received their patronage, when Emperor Charles IV in 1354, the bones of the saint from Saint Maurice in the Swiss canton of Valais to Prague was converted. The shrine was put down in Seußling. It was an arm of the dead king as a relic in the parish church.
Denominational Composition of the Population:
- Roman Catholic: 1565
- Evangelical: 228
- Others: 279
On 1 May 1978, until then independent municipality Seußling was incorporated.
The population growth was from 1961 to 1970, 36 percent. This is due to the convenient location and the development of extensive new housing estates.
In the council the following parties and voter communities are represented since 2008 (change compared to 2002):
- For the benefit of citizens ( ZWdB ) 4 seats ( 1)
- Free Wählergemeinschaft Seußling ( FWS ) 3 seats (± 0)
- Independent citizens Block (UBB ) 3 seats (± 0)
- CSU 3 seats ( - 1 )
- Active Citizens ( AKB) 1 seat ( ± 0)
Community leader since May 1, 2008 Karl -Heinz Wagner ( CSU). He was elected with 90.26 % of votes to candidates for mayor and 2014 also re-elected unopposed with 89.66 %. Its predecessor was Wolfgang Rössler from the Independent Citizens' Block (UBB ).
Coat of arms
Under a red shield main, is a horizontal silver key, a black horse in gold. The black horse is already found on a silver coin that was found on settlement land of the Celts and probably coined around the year 80 BC. The silver key in the head of the emblem indicates the connection to the noble family of Schlüsselberger.
Culture and sights
The Egloff Hof dates back to 1510 and the Altendorfer mill from the 18th century.
Each year in October, will take place the traditional pumpkin festival.
See also: List of historic buildings in the Old village ( district of Bamberg )
Economy and infrastructure
Economy, agriculture and forestry
There were 1998 in the field of agriculture and forestry none, in the manufacturing sector and 616 in the area of trade and transport 19 persons work at the workplace. In other areas, were employed to social security at the workplace 17 people. Social insurance contributions at residence, there were a total of 689 in the manufacturing sector (as well as mining and quarrying and earth ) were seven to four companies in the construction industry. In addition, in 1999, there were 19 farms with an agricultural area of 393 hectares. Of these, 329 hectares of arable land and 64 acres of meadowland.
Directly east of Altendorf, the Federal Highway runs 73 (Bamberg, Nuremberg). In addition, runs through the town, the railway Bamberg Nuremberg, where hourly regional trains stop at the breakpoint Butt home. When the railway line was opened in 1844, the station was on the territory of the municipality Butt home.
In Altendorf and Seußling there are volunteer fire services.
There are the following facilities (as of 1999):
- 75 kindergarten places with 59 children
- Elementary school with first and second class