Watt village is the smallest community in the Upper Franconian district of Bamberg and a member of the administrative community Steinfeld.

  • 2.1 Amalgamations
  • 2.2 Population development
  • 3.1 Coat of Arms
  • 4.1 monuments
  • 5.1 breweries
  • 5.2 volunteer fire
  • 5.3 Economy, agriculture and forestry


Geographical Location

The village lies on the edge of the Franconian Jura Switzerland on rise in the eastern part of the district of Bamberg.

Neighboring communities

Neighboring municipalities are (from north clockwise beginning ): Weis Main ( district of Lichtenfels ), Stadelhofen, Schesslitz, Bad Season stone and Lichtenfels (both in Lichtenfels ).

Community structure

Watt village is divided into five districts:

  • Watt village (216 inhabitants)
  • Bojendorf (157 inhabitants)
  • Gräfenhäusling (211 inhabitants)
  • Mährenhüll (74 inhabitants)
  • Schneeberg ( 60 inhabitants)


From prehistoric times to the discovery of a pterosaur with high stilts legs is remarkable, paleontologists uncovered in 2012 in watts village. According to researchers from the Natural History Museum in Bamberg and the Natural History Museum of Karlsruhe, he dates from the late Jurassic period about 155 million years ago. It represents a previously unknown species or genus and is described as very good condition.

Watt village is an old settlement area, which was BC settled in the period around 3000-1800 by band ceramists.

The first written mention dates back to the year 1180; at that time the place was owned by the Counts of Andechs. From 1260 to 1274 watts village was owned by the Count of Truhendingen. This gave the estate watts village in 1274 the Cistercian Klosterlangheim, which it belonged until the secularization in 1803. The position of the monastery against the Bishopric of Bamberg was becoming weaker with time, so that one can almost speak of a Mediat of high pin at the end of the Old Kingdom. Since the Imperial Diet of 1803 the place belonged to Bavaria. In the course of administrative reform in Bavaria, was born with the congregation of 1818, the current community.


On May 1, 1978, the previously independent municipalities Bojendorf and Gräfenhäusling were incorporated.

Population Development


First Mayor since 1978 Rudolf madder by the CSU, the 2008 was re-elected with 86.96 % of the votes for the fifth time. His successor in 2014 Thomas Betz ( CSU / buoys villages Wählergemeinschaft ) is selected, the 71.57 % of the vote in an opposing candidate.

Election of local councils in watts village 2008:

  • CSU 3 seats ( 30.2 %)
  • Wählergemeinschaft Gräfenhäusling 2 seats ( 28.3 %)
  • Buoys villages Wählergemeinschaft 2 seats ( 22.9%)
  • CDU Mährenhüll 1 seat ( 9.5%)
  • CDU Schneeberg 0 seats ( 9.1% )

Election of local councils in watts village 2002:

  • CSU 3 seats ( 30.9% )
  • Buoys villages Wählergemeinschaft 2 seats ( 27.6%)
  • Wählergemeinschaft Gräfenhäusling 2 seats ( 25.6 %)
  • CDU Mährenhüll 1 seat ( 10.7%)
  • CDU Schneeberg 0 seats ( 5.2%)

Coat of arms

The coat of arms shows in blue a -looking to the left silver eagle; behind a golden chalice from which a golden Abtstab growing.

The Eagle and the color blue evoke the dukes of Andechs- Meranien, who ruled over rights watts village to 1248. The chalice and the Abtstab remember the gift of the village to the Cistercian Klosterlangheim by the Counts of Truhendingen in 1260th

Culture and sights


Economy and infrastructure


In watts village there are still two small family breweries that Huebner Brewery and the Brewery Dremel. In both Franconian beers are served.

Volunteer fire

  • In Bojendorf, Gräfenhäusling and watts village there are volunteer fire departments.

Economy, agriculture and forestry

It was in 1998 according to official statistics in industry and in trade and transport, no social insurance contributions at the workplace. Social insurance contributions at residence, there were a total of 305 in the manufacturing sector, there were nine farms, in construction do not have. In addition, in 1999, there were 79 farms with an agricultural area of 1220 hectares, of which 1078 acres of arable land and 140 acres of meadowland.