Jarny is a commune with 8454 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2011 ) in the department of Meurthe -et -Moselle in the Lorraine region. It belongs to the district of the canton of Briey and Conflans -en- Jarnisy.
The community lies on the Orne, 20 kilometers west of Metz off the Autoroute A4, in the immediate vicinity of the town of Conflans -en- Jarnisy.
The church has existed since the Middle Ages. In the 20th century there were several iron mines here.
- Château de Moncel from the 13th century
- Saint-Maximin church from the 13th century
- Chapel Saint -Joseph from the 20th century
- Since 1966: Left home high Stetten (Baden- Württemberg)
- Since 1969: Groeditz (Saxony )