History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Earth Rat戊子( at the beginning of the year fire - pig丁亥)
Syria: 1479/80 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- Calixtus III. solves Paschal III. (1164-1168) as a counter to Pope Alexander III. from.
- Valdemar I of Denmark conquered Pomerania and destroyed the Slavic Swantewit sanctuary in the temple castle at Cape Arkona - a consistent Christianization follows.
- Reiden and San Vittore be first mentioned.
- At the trade route from Halle to Prague tasteful silver and silver ore is found. Then miners come from Goslar and settle in the Sächsstadt named after them, which later develops into the first Saxon mining town of Freiberg.
- Dagmar of Denmark ( Markéta ), Czech princess and Danish queen († 1212 )
- 04 February: Dietrich of Alsace, Count of Flanders ( * ca 1099 )
- September 20: Guido of Crema, as Paschal III. Anti-Pope Alexander III.
- Al -Hassan ibn Ali ibn Ziri, the ruler of the Zirids in Ifriqiya