History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of The Water Dog壬戌( at the beginning of the year metal cock辛酉)
Era of Diocletian: 438/439 ( year November )
Syria: 1033/34 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- Pelayo, the ruler of Asturias, triumphs over an Arab army in the Battle of Covadonga; this is the first Christian victory in the reconquest of the Iberian peninsula ( the Reconquista ).
- The Byzantine emperor Leo III. orders the forced baptism of Jews and Montanists in his kingdom.
- The Frankish house Meier Charles Martel subjecting the Bavarians and Alemanni at gunpoint.
- King Ine violently suppressed the attempt of Sussex to break away from the supremacy of Wessex.
- First mention of Kenzingen and low- Kassel.
- In Navarre, the Order of the Oak is donated.
- Outbreak of new fighting between the Khazars and the Muslims in the Caucasus region. The clashes have been going on to 737.
- November 30: Pope Gregory II consecrated missionary bishop Boniface without tight fit
- December 1: Gregory II prescribes the missionary Boniface as income of the church - to use and offerings - the resulting in the 8th century tithe.
- Abu al - Abbas as- Saffah first Abbasid Caliph and founder of this dynasty († 754 )
- Mujahid ibn Dschabr, Islamic theologian
- Uta of Uttenweiler, beatified woman
- Year ( 8th century )