With the German team in 1972 he was at the Olympic Games in Munich Olympic champion in show jumping. In 1978, he was his greatest success in a single win when he takes on Roman World Champion was in Aachen. Because of the Olympic boycott, he could not compete at the Olympic Games in Moscow in 1980.
Wiltfang died at the age of 51 of heart failure.
For his services to the sport in Lower Saxony, he was inducted into the Honor Gallery of the Lower Saxony Lower Saxony Institute for Sports of sports history in 1998.
- Olympic games 1972 Munich: Gold medal team, individual ranking 16th on Askan
- World cup 1978 in Aachen: Individual gold medal on novel
- 1982 in Dublin: Silver medal team at Roman
- European In Vienna in 1977: Bronze medal team
- 1979 in Rotterdam: Silver medal team, gold medal single on novel
- In Munich in 1981: gold medal team
- German Championship German champions in 1966, 1971, 1979
- CHIO Aachen Winner of the Grand Prix of Aachen in 1976 on Davos
- German Jumping Derby Winner 1979 novel
(Data from )