- 16.883333333333 - 64.266666666667Koordinaten: 16 ° 53 ' S, 64 ° 16' W
Ichilo is a province in the northwestern part of the Department of Santa Cruz in the lowlands of the South American Andean Republic of Bolivia.
The province was established by decree of 8 April 1926. Your name goes back to the Río Ichilo, which flows through the province.
The Ichilo province is bordered on the north by the Department of Beni, on the west by the department of Cochabamba, on the southwest by the province of Manuel María Caballero, on the south by the province of Florida, in the southeastern province of Andrés Ibáñez to the, to the east by the province of Sara, and in the north- east by the province Ñuflo de Chávez.
The population of the province Ichilo has risen in the past two decades to nearly double:
47.8 percent of the population are younger than 15 years. The literacy rate in the province is 78.5 percent.
96.1 percent of the population speak Spanish, Quechua 40.7 percent, 1.9 percent and 0.6 percent Aymara and Guaraní (1992).
67.1 percent of the population have no access to electricity, 46.6 percent have no sanitary facilities (1992).
81.3 percent of the population are Catholics, 15.1 percent are Protestant (1992).
The mean altitude of the province is 386 m. The mean annual average temperature of the province is 24.3 ° C, the mean annual precipitation 2563 mm.
The provincial capital is Buena Vista with 4,697 inhabitants ( 2008 estimate), other major cities are
- Yapacaní - 21 622 inhabitants (2008 )
- Santa Fe de Yapacaní - 7,736 inhabitants (2008 )
- San Carlos - 4,440 inhabitants (2008 )
- San Juan de Yapacaní - 4,121 inhabitants (2008 )
The most important agricultural product of the province is rice, comes from Ichilo 50 % of the total production of the department of Santa Cruz; Another important assets are cocoa and timber.
The province is divided into three counties ( bolivian: municipios ):
- The municipality of Buenavista 2047 km ² - 13,273 inhabitants (2001)
- The municipality of San Carlos 3998 km ² - 25,633 inhabitants (2001)
- Municipio Yapacaní 8187 km ² - 31,538 inhabitants (2001)