Issy -les -Moulineaux is a French town with 65 326 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2011) southwest of Paris. It is 6.6 km away from the center of Paris and is located in the département of Hauts -de -Seine in the Ile- de -France region. On 1 January 2003, Issy -les -Moulineaux with other municipalities ( Chaville, Meudon, Vanves and Ville d'Avray ) part of the agglomeration zone Arc de Seine. It is one of the most densely populated municipalities in Europe.
Issy -les -Moulineaux transformed from an industrial past to a central service location (Val de Seine), which specializes in media and telecommunications. Despite the rapidly growing population there are still more jobs than residents.
Previously, Issy -les -Moulineaux Issy was simply called, derived from Middle Latin Issiacum / Isciacum, (property of Isicius / Iccius, a Gallo -Roman landowner ). On the other hand, the name may also come from the Celtic and means as much as under the wood.
1893 from Issy officially Issy -les-Moulineaux. Les Moulineaux was a small village within the municipality; apparently was the name Les Moulineaux windmills ( moulins French ) who were there.
On January 1, 1860 Paris was enlarged by areas adjacent communities. For this reason, about one-third of the commune of Issy -les -Moulineaux the city of Paris was slammed; this area now corresponds essentially to the district Javel in the 15th arrondissement of Paris.
Issy is divided into two cantons:
- Issy -les -Moulineaux East, part of the district ( 25,399 inhabitants) in 1999
- Issy -les -Moulineaux west, part of the municipality and Meudon ( together 34 120 inhabitants) (1999)
Mayor of Issy -les -Moulineaux:
Issy -les -Moulineaux has two Metro stations on Line 12: Mairie d' Issy and Corentin Celton.
In addition, Issy -les -Moulineaux has two stations of the RER C: Issy - Val de Seine and Issy.
In addition, the community is approached at three stops from the Line 2 of the Paris tram: Les Moulineaux, Jacques -Henri Lartigue, and Issy - Val de Seine.
A nationally significant company headquartered in Issy -les -Moulineaux, the paper manufacturer Arjo Wiggins Europe with 8000 employees.
- Germany Weiden in der Oberpfalz, Germany, since 1954
- Belgium Frameries, Belgium, since 1979
- Italy Macerata, Italy, since 1982
- Togo Dapaong, Togo, since 1989
- Spain Pozuelo de Alarcón, Spain, since 1990
- Israel Nahariya, Israel, since 1994
- China People's Republic of Chongwen ( municipality of Beijing, China), since 1997
- Flag of South Korea Guro -gu (city district of Seoul, South Korea), since 2003
Sons and daughters of the town
- Melchisédech Thévenot (around 1620-1692 ), French naturalist and writer
- Robert Charpentier (1916-1966), cyclist
- Sandrine Piau (born 1965 ), opera singer
- Manu Larcenet (born 1969 ) comic book artist and writer
- Sophie Morel ( born 1979 ), mathematician
- Stephanie Foretz Gacon ( born 1981 ), tennis player
- Saïd Haddou ( b. 1982 ), cyclist
- Nadir Haddou ( b. 1983 ), cyclist
- Leila Bekhti ( born 1984 ), actress
- Issy -les -Moulineaux Badminton Club, the winner in 2006 in the European Cup more times champion of France