Paul van Dyk
Van Dyk is one of the best known and most successful DJs in the world. Besides his activity as a DJ, he is also active as a music producer, has six studio albums and remixed songs by international artists such as Justin Timberlake, New Order and U2. His music is attributed to the trance, but he himself prefers the umbrella term "electronic dance music ".
- 3.1 Paul van Dyk on the radio
- 4.1 Albums and Compilations
- 4.2 Singles
- 4.3 remixes
Paul van Dyk grew up in East Berlin. In addition to training as a communications engineer and carpenter in the GDR, he soon turned to the music. In March 1991, van Dyk's career began as a DJ, among others, during the events of " Dubmission " series in the Berlin club turbine in the Kreuzberg district and the newly founded Berlin techno club Tresor. At the same time was added to his apartment, his first DJ mix for broadcasting, namely for the Zündfunk in the Bayerischer Rundfunk. In 1992, he took along with the music producer Cosmic Baby as The Visions of Shiva his first album Perfect Day on the Berlin trance label MFS appeared on Mark shipowner. His first album 45 RPM he published in 1994, also on MFS. Since that time, he laid the Berlin club E-Werk until its closure in 1997 on a regular basis.
1998 abolished the Single For an Angel from his first album 45 RPM reissue international breakthrough. The title was two weeks the number one English and four weeks number 1 in the German Dance Charts. Furthermore, there were placements in the U.S., Australian, Dutch, Belgian and Scandinavian charts. The following year, van Dyk founded the record label Vandit Records, will be released on both own productions, as well as those of other artists.
End of 2005, founded van Dyk the online portal vonyc.com can be made legally downloaded from an Internet radio on the favored him tracks, as well as entire live sets and radio shows are broadcast by international DJs, as well as a download portal about the music pieces of different record labels for consideration. The operation was, however, set March 1, 2009 through.
On 3 October 2005 van Dyk played at the ceremony to mark the Day of German Unity in the Caligari Halle in the film park Babelsberg in Potsdam with Peter Heppner We are we. Van Dyk played keyboards, Heppner sang and the music was recorded by the German Film Orchestra Babelsberg live.
After van Dyk was in the Top 10 of the Top 100 DJ Poll, a reader survey conducted by the British magazine DJ Mag since 1998, he won the poll on 28 October 2005 and was selected " World's No.1 DJ ". Nearly a year later, he defended the first place in the voting in 2006.
On October 1, 2006 van Dyk received the Berlin Town Hall by the Governing Mayor Klaus Wowereit the Order of Merit of the State of Berlin. The country paid tribute to the outstanding contributions to the capital and the social commitment van Dyk. The "Order of the red-white- red tape " is the second highest award in the country after the honorary citizenship is traditionally awarded on October 1 to personalities who have distinguished themselves through outstanding achievements and dedication.
On the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall on 9 November 2009 composed van Dyk for the celebrations at the Brandenburg Gate to the song We Are One. At the event, he played keyboard while Johnny McDaid sang.
2012 van Dyk was " ambassador " for the then not opened Berlin Brandenburg Airport. He was seen in the context on posters at bus stops and on big posters on the walls of buildings. For his commitment, he told the Berliner B.Z. in an interview: I am not only a testimonial, but behind it all lies a lively musical collaboration. For announcements at the airport I made about the " ringtone " for the image film I have composed the music. It will also give me a chill-out album called "Destinations ", which will then be sold at the new airport.
- 2006: Merit of the State of Berlin for outstanding contributions to the capital and the social commitment
- World best producer of techno and house (British DJ Magazine)
- Best International DJ Award at the London Music Awards
- Best International DJ ( Ministry of Sound in the British magazine )
- Best European DJ ( Miami Winter Music Conference 2003 )
- Best Global DJ ( Miami Winter Music Conference 2005)
- Best Progressive House / Trance Track " Nothing But You " ( Miami Winter Music Conference 2005)
- 2005 Nominated for a Grammy in the category Best Electronic / Dance Album
- World's No.1 DJ 2005 ( Top 100 DJ Poll - DJ Mag)
- World's No.1 DJ 2006 ( Top 100 DJ Poll - DJ Mag)
- Best Global DJ ( Miami Winter Music Conference 2006)
- Best Producer ( Miami Winter Music Conference 2006)
- Best CD mix compilation for "Politics of Dancing 2 " ( Miami Winter Music Conference 2006)
- Best HI NRG / Euro Track for " The Other Side" ( Miami Winter Music Conference 2006)
- B.Z. Culture Prize 2006
- Ortofon Best European DJ ( Miami Winter Music Conference 2007)
- Paul van Dyk rises by his own admission in no aircraft manufacturer McDonnell Douglas.
- In the talkshow 3 nach 9, in which Paul van Dyk was a guest, it was learned that he has the second largest Lufthansa Miles & More account.
Paul van Dyk was one of the first DJs, digital hardware and software, such as Final Scratch, Rane Serato Scratch Live or used Ableton Live. The music Paul van Dyk is broadly defined as belonging to the trance. But in his sets, he can also very often have other styles like house or techno incorporated, so that one can generally refer to him as an artist of electronic dance music.
Paul van Dyk on the radio
Paul van Dyk hosted radio programs in Germany and the USA.
- On the U.S. SIRIUS satellite transmitter, which can be received in Europe via the Internet, he presents Thursdays from 18:00-20:00 clock local time ( 00:00 to 02:00 Germany ) on SIRIUS channel 33 "Area 33 " his " Vonyc Sessions ".
- When rbb youth channel Fritz he hosts Saturday from 20:00-22:00 clock the show " Soundgarden".
- When German stations sunshine live, he presents Thursdays from 19:00-21:00 clock his " Vonyc Sessions ".
- When Radio One Live he moderated alternating with five other DJs in the night from Saturday to Sunday from 00:00 to 02:00 the show " Rocker"
- On vonyc.com he presented every Monday from 20:00-22:00 clock his " Vonyc Sessions ".