Schoppershof (Nuremberg U-Bahn)
Metro Station Schoppershof (abbreviation: SH) is the 33rd Metro Station of the Nuremberg U- Bahn and was opened on 22 May 1993. It is 650 meters from Rennweg Metro Station and 902 meters from the North Station subway station. In the airport, a blunt -to-travel platform changes connects. On January 27, 1996, he was the terminus for the U2 line. The metro station is named after the 1899 eingemeindeten Nuremberg district Schoppershof in which it lies.
The station is located in the district of Nuremberg Schoppershof and extends below the ground in north-south direction at the street At the exhibition hall between Wels and Wieselerstraße. From the southern platform a head of steps leads directly to the surface of the junction Wieselerstraße / Am exhibition hall. The northern, leading into a manifold of levels and from there to all four corners of the intersection at the exhibition House / Elbląg / Welserstraße. An elevator connects the road surface with the northern platform level.
Building and Architecture
The station building is 190 m long, 15 m wide and 10 m deep ( one and a half times the down position). Construction began on 25 July 1990 and were carried out in an open design. In the course of construction the road was converted at the exhibition hall in a low traffic area.
The architectural design was taken from the Nuremberg sculptor Botond Kardos. The interior-exterior relationship of surface and platform level is represented by a network of steel cables that branch out to like the roots of a tree platform wall.
The station is serviced by the underground lines U2 and U21. Is located on the surface 45 a stop on the city bus line