The Rajon Slawsk (Russian Славский район / transcription Slawski rayon ) is a raion in the northwest of Kaliningrad Oblast, Russia, between the Memel and the Curonian Lagoon and thus on the border with Lithuania.
Seat of Rajonsverwaltung is Slawsk ( Heinrichswalde ). The Rajon Slawsk is located approximately in the area of the former district Elchniederung. The main economic activities of the population are agriculture ( dairy farming ) and fishing at the Curonian Lagoon. Both are operated mostly organized cooperative. A problem since the 1960s developed, the growing stagnation of the site, since the earlier elaborate landscaped drainage systems have been neglected during the Soviet Union and often destroyed.
The Rajon Slawsk consists of the urban community Slawskoje with the city Slawsk and six other towns and three rural communities with a total of 51 settlements.
The main transport hub in Rajon is the parish seat Bolschakowo. Through this site, the main road leading from Kaliningrad to Sowetsk - a section of the European route E77 and here at the same time the Russian Federal Road A216 - which then runs to Lithuania. With the Rajonstädten Tschernjachowsk and Polessk Bolschakowo is through the regional roads 27A -009 (ex A197 ) or 27A -034 (ex A190 ) connected. The Rajonsitz Slawsk is served by the regional road 27A -010 to the A216.
In the north of Rajons from Sowetsk leads the regional road 27A -041 (ex R513 ) two kilometers north of Slawsk passing through the town of seats Timirjasewo and Jasnoje until after Myssowka at the Curonian Lagoon. Near the settlement Moskowskoje which branches off the regional road 27A -042 from the Russian- Lithuanian border river Skirwieht, a tributary of the Neman. Opposite is the Lithuanian city Rusnė (German carbon black). Until the annexation of Memel in 1923, there was a ferry here.
By Rajon the railway line Kaliningrad Sowetsk runs with the train stations Bolschakowo - Nowoje, Slawsk - Nowy, Schtscheglowka - Novaya and Rschewskoje.
The Rajon was founded as Chainrichswaldski rajon on April 7, 1946. He succeeds the existing county until 1945 (Moose ) lowland, whose administrative headquarters of the place had been Heinrichswalde. From the circle Labiau the place Lauknen additionally assumed ( 1938-1945 " Hohenbruch "). On September 7, 1946, it was renamed Heinrichswalde Slawsk and provided with the city charter and was renamed Rajon rajon Slawski. When setting up the village Soviets in the summer of 1947, the renamed Bolschakowo Location United Skaisgirren was spun ( 1938 to 1945 " Kreuzingen " ) in the newly established Rajon Bolschakowo.
On December 12, 1962 Rajon Bolschakowo was dissolved and connected to the Rajon Slawsk. Furthermore, it was taken on this day from the Rajon Neman the village Soviet Nowokolchosnenski. After a new administrative reform on January 12, 1965 remained by the end of 1962 added areas only the village Soviets Bolschakowski (Eng. United Skaisgirren or Kreuzingen ) and Wyssokowski (German Popelken or market Hausen ) in Rajon Slawsk.
As part of local government Rajon got first in 2004 the status of a city district ( Славский городской округ, Slawski Gorodskoi okrug ) and finally in 2008 the status of a " municipal " Rajons ( Славский муниципальный район, Slawski munizipalny rayon ). The existing seven village districts were converted into three rural communities.
Village soviets / village districts 1947-2008
From 1963 to 1965, the village Soviets were Kalinowski (later in Rajon Tschernjachowsk ) Nowokolchosnenski (otherwise in Rajon Neman ) and Salessowski ( then in Rajon Polessk ) for Rajon Slawsk.