Thomas G. Lawson
Thomas Graves Lawson (* May 2, 1835 in Eatonton, Georgia, † April 16, 1912 ) was an American politician. Between 1891 and 1897 he represented the state of Georgia in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Thomas Lawson first attended private schools and then studied until 1855 at Mercer University in Macon. After a subsequent study of law and its made in 1857 admitted to the bar he began in Eatonton to work in his new profession. During the Civil War he served two years in the army of the Confederate States.
Politically, Lawson was a member of the Democratic Party. From 1861 to 1866 and again from 1889 to 1890 he sat as an MP in the House of Representatives from Georgia. In 1877 he was a delegate at a meeting to revise the constitution of his home state. He also served as curator of the Mercer University and the Eatonton Male and Female Academy. Between 1879 and 1887, Lawson worked as a judge in the judicial district of Ocmulgee. After that, he was until 1887 active in Eatonton in agriculture.
In the congressional elections of 1890, Lawson was in the eighth constituency of Georgia in the U.S. House of Representatives in Washington DC chosen, where he became the successor of Henry Hull Carlton on March 4, 1891. After two re- election he was able to complete in Congress until March 3, 1897 three legislative periods. In 1896, he was not nominated by his party for re-election. In the following years he worked in his home in agriculture. Thomas Larson died on April 16, 1912 in Eatonton and was also buried there. He was married to Mary Frances Reid.