Hugh A. Haralson
Hugh Anderson Haralson (* November 13, 1805 in Penfield, Greene County, Georgia, † September 25, 1854 in LaGrange, Georgia ) was an American politician. Between 1843 and 1851 he represented the state of Georgia in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Hugh Haralson attended the public schools of his home. At times, but he also received private lessons. He then studied at Franklin College, now the University of Georgia. After studying law and his 1825 was admitted to the bar he began in Monroe to work in his new profession. In 1828 he moved his residence and his law firm after LaGrange. He was also active in agriculture. From 1838 to 1850, Haralson member of the state militia, in which he rose to be Major-General. Politically, Haralson Member founded by President Andrew Jackson Democratic Party. In the years 1831 and 1832 he sat as an MP in the House of Representatives from Georgia; 1837 to 1838 he was a member of the State Senate.
In the state- wide held congressional elections of 1842, he became the sixth parliamentary mandate of Georgia in the U.S. House of Representatives in Washington DC selected. There he entered on March 4, 1843, the successor of George Walker Crawford. After three re- elections, he was able to complete in Congress until March 3, 1851 four legislative sessions. Since 1845 he represented there as a successor of Duncan Lamont Clinch the fourth electoral district of his home state. During his time in Congress of the Mexican -American War took place, which ended with a major territorial expansion of the territory of the United States of America to the west and southwest of the country. Between 1843 and 1847 Haralson was chairman of the Committee on Military Affairs.
In 1850 he opted not to run again for the U.S. House of Representatives. In the following years he practiced as a lawyer again. He died on September 25, 1854 in LaGrange.