History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Earth Snake己巳( at the beginning of the year Earth Dragon龙 辰)
Syria: 1400/ 01 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- The Margraviate of Meissen is an imperial fief of Wettin.
- To 1089: The marital union between Welf V., son of baierischen Duke Welf IV, and Matilda of Tuscany leads to a concentration of power in southern Germany and northern Italy, the Emperor Henry IV seeks to oppose.
- First mention of Courtomer, Dettingen an der Erms and Neuhausen.
Culture and Religion
- The Benedictine Abbey of Melk on the Danube is founded and based on March 21.
- Hermann III. of Hochstaden is Archbishop of Cologne.
- Beginning of the construction of the abbey church of Cluny
- The Konstanz Muenster, after the re-establishment of Bishop Gebhard III. consecrated by Zahringen.
- April 20: Dmitar Zvonimir, King of Croatia
- MAY 28: Lanfranc of Bec, medieval theologian and Archbishop of Canterbury (c. 1010)
- MAY 31: Sigewin of Are, also Sigewin the Pious, Archbishop of Cologne
- July 6th: Otto von Ried Castle, Bishop of Regensburg
- August 4: Alain the Red Baron of Richmond
- September 29: Theobald III. of Blois, Count of Blois (c. 1010)
- December 24: Burkhard von Oltigen, Bishop of Lausanne
- Gero von Landsberg, son of Margrave Dietrich II of the Ostmark (c. 1020)