History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of wood sheep乙未( at the beginning of the year Wood Horse甲午)
Syria: 1606/ 07 ( the year in October )
- 3.1 Exact date of death unknown
Politics and World Affairs
- October 23: In Paris, a contract is signed, which is the first written evidence of the Auld Alliance. The kings John Balliol and Philip IV reaffirm the alliance between Scotland and France.
- Begins Philip IV of France, to finance his wars (especially against England) constantly put coins from circulation and to allow conversion into new, worse with lower silver and gold content. The thus obtained income will go to the royal treasury.
- William of Nogaret is close confidant and influential adviser to the French king
- Persian Empire: The ruling Mongols come to Islam.
- Marco Polo returns to Venice and comprehensive information on China to Europe.
- First documented known brewing rights in Pilsen (stone, culture timetable)
- ( to ) Multi-storey stone houses in western and southern German cities. The German town house is narrow and deep reasons of space ( ground floor entrance hall and garage, upstairs two rooms, in between cooking facilities ) (stone, culture timetable).
- (ab) Dante is active in political offices.
- Aegidius Romanus is Archbishop of Bourges ( until his death in 1316 ).
- The Franciscan spirituals Clarenus Angelus (see 1289 ) flees from Pope Boniface VIII to Greece.
Nature and Environment
- Germany: hot and arid summer
- Castaneda, Leggia and Perrefitte are first mentioned.
- November 01: Meinhard II, founder of Tyrol as an independent country (c. 1238 )
- December 07: Gilbert de Clare, 6th Earl of Hertford, English nobleman (* 1243 )
- December 20: Margaret of Provence, Queen of France from 1234 to 1270 (* 1221 )
- December 21: Erich von Brandenburg, Archbishop of Magdeburg since 1283
Exact date of death unknown
- Abu Hafs Umar I, caliph of the Hafsids