Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.. is known as a software company for its firewall and VPN products. The company was founded in 1993 in Ramat Gan, Israel, and employs approximately 1,800 employees. The American headquarters are located in Redwood City, United States, development, and international headquarters in Tel Aviv. According to Check Point security solutions company Top100 use all of the company.
Check Point bought the company SofaWare Technologies in 1999, and Zone Labs in 2004. In October 2005, Check Point, Sourcefire tried together with its Intrusion Prevention System named to take over Snort. The purchase price was estimated at about 225 million U.S. dollars. The purchase failed in early 2006 due to opposition from the U.S. government. End of 2006, the leader took over the U.S. IPS manufacturer NFR, expanding its portfolio to include an IPS component. In January 2007, also the Swedish company Pointsec was taken. Pointsec is a manufacturer of software for hard disk encryption and control of external devices ( eg, USB flash drive, iPod, etc). Thus, the portfolio is complemented on the strategy "Pure Security ".
In December 2008, Check Point took over the area of safety technology from Nokia for an undisclosed sum. Check Point enhanced so that his previous portfolio for more hardware solutions and is able to draw on the expertise of long -time partner, Nokia.
- Central, graphical control and policy management
- Integration of all Check Point products, and many other firewall or packet filter solutions such as Cisco IOS router
- An open extension API and community OPSEC, such as anti-virus and content scanner from different manufacturers can be connected via the Content Vectoring Protocol or with the URL Filtering Protocol
- A special hardened Linux distribution (Secure Platform) based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Recently, the R77 version of the central product " Security Geteway " was presented. It is a product maintenance version R76. The new features include:
- ThreatCloud Emulation Service (prevents infections caused by undetected zero-day exploits )
- HyperSpect ( power increase by 50%)
- Compliance Software Blade
- Centralized Device Management ( improved)
The company offers the following certifications: