Emsbueren is a unified community in the southern district of Emsland in Lower Saxony. The name of the community is stressed on the second syllable. Emsbueren flanked on the west and Engden Wietmarschen, on the north by the town of Lingen, on the east by the Municipality Spellenberg and on the south by the municipality of salt mountains and the city Schüttorf. Since August 2007 Emsbueren - the first municipality in Lower Saxony - officially recognized tourist destination.
- 2.1 History and Namensherleitung the old farming communities
- 2.2 Demographics
- 4.1 municipal
- 4.2 Mayor
- 4.3 Coat of Arms
- 4.4 flag
- 4.5 Partner community
- 5.1 Regular events
- 6.1 traffic
- 6.2 industry
Emsbueren is located on the river Ems, the Great Aa and Aa speller in the triangle of Lingen - Rheine - Nordhorn. Southwest is the motorway junction Schüttorf (A 31 / A 30), near the border with North Rhine -Westphalia. Emsbueren is on the terminal moraine of the Elster glaciation, the foothills of the Teutoburg Forest.
- Municipality salt mountains
- Samtgemeinde Schüttorf
- Samtgemeinde Spellenberg
- Community Wietmarschen
As of October 1, 2010
- Ahlde: Bauernschaften south Emsbürens
- Mountains: the peasantry and the settlement area around the center Emsbürener
- Elbergen: small town with its own town center and the church of St. John the Baptist; northernmost part of the municipality
- Emsbueren: center of the municipality Emsbueren
- Gleesen: peasantry east with settlement area and cottage area in the northeast Emsbürens in the recreational area of the Ems. Be assigned to the places Gleesen, Hesselte and Helschen
- Leschede ( pronunciation [le ː ʃədə ] ): predominantly residential developments, north of the center with its own village center and train station and the Church of the Redeemer.
- Listrup: east located small town with its own town center Immaculate Conception Church and St. Mary. Be assigned Listrup and Moorlage
- Mehringen: peasantry on the Ems
The name Emsbueren (old: Buren ) is derived from niederdtsch. - buren, -bur (s) and comes as Old High German bur for "little house ", etc., mittelniederländ. buur for " apartment, village" before. The place must be very old, as already 819 St. Andrew's Church is first mentioned. The church said to have been founded by the missionary Liudger, the Bühren created a flophouse quarters for his trips to Friesland. The town lay in the borders of Venkigau and Bursibant. It so happens that the essential parts of the village were expected to Bursibant, but some also for Venkigau. For " parish Emsbueren " - short " Kespel " derived from Kerkspell - were formerly 14 farming communities that managed to some extent self and that developed differently: Some are peasantry remained, others have evolved into separate places.
Since the 13th century Emsbueren belonged to the upper pin Münster. In Emsbueren existed alongside the Gogericht, which was exclusively responsible for the parish Emsbueren nor a royal ducal free dish that was responsible for the freedom Emsbueren and Schepsdorf. Although the Gogericht Emsbueren belonged to the Official Rheine - Bevergern, but was regarded as self-employed. However, since these Gogericht has always pledged to the Counts of Bentheim, this ultimately exercised from the jurisdiction. The activity of the target farm (Table Hofstraße, Judge Esch) is confirmed by numerous sources and a court seal ( 1591 ). The Richthof should have been the place that Liudger used as a stopover on the way to his mission areas on the Ems estuary.
Due to political changes during the reign of Napoleon, the possessions of the directional Court arrived at the beginning of the 19th century, first to the Duke of Looz - Corswarem, who resided at Schloss Bentlage at Rheine. In the following years the parish changed hands several times sovereign. In the reorganization of Europe at the Vienna Congress in 1815, it was assigned to the Kingdom of Hanover and 1866 Prussian province. There belonged to the Official Lingen, after the Prussian annexation of Hanover to the district Lingen, the 1977 part of the district of Emsland.
On January 1, 1965 began with the voluntary formation of Samtgemeinde Emsbueren from the communities mountains, Emsbueren and Mehringen a new chapter in the history of the old parish. 1967 Samtgemeinde this was extended by the communities Ahlde, Bernte, Elbergen, Gleesen and Leschede was called the " Samtgemeinde parish Emsbueren ". This development took place in 1974 by the local government reform in Lower Saxony graduate. Emsbueren gave parts of Ahlde and Mehringen of salt mountains, Listrup came to the new community Emsbueren.
History and Namensherleitung the old farming communities
- Ahlde (old: Aludwide, 1285 Altewede ) 890 is the oldest lifting tab of the monastery becoming listed and expected to Venkigau. The qualifier has been unclear in the base word = tree plantings Widu is included. Waddie had to deliver 24 bushels of corn and a host Schilling, Hruodleb 32 bushels of grain and the army Schilling Will. They also had to provide accommodation if the abbot traveled to East Friesland, where Will had many possessions. The population has changed little over the centuries.
- Mountains is not specifically mentioned in ancient sources, as it was closely linked with Bühren and was therefore always attributed this place.
- Bernte (old: Bernithi, Bernete ) and Berntermoor be mentioned about the same time in 1352 Leschede BECOMING land register as part of the Bursibant. The name origin is unclear. The place must be much older by the name derivation but. The basic word - te, - ete, - işi, - ide, - ede, -de is an ancient root word that occurs only in suffixähnlicher form. It is intended for ha ( g ) = işi Heath stand. This will, among others, demonstrated by the fact - işi etc. in the march areas of Oldenburg and East Friesland, where there were no heathen, does not occur.
- Bexten ( 1400 Bekeseten = seat by the brook ), cf niederdtsch. beke = Bach, later also: Bührbexten (as opposed to Feilbexten, which is since 1905 the district of salt mountains ).
- Drievorden also Drievörden (old: Drieburi ). Here, the determiner the old designation of the number three ( niederdtsch. dri ) is derived. The base word is similar to Emsbueren for niederdtsch. - buren, -bur (s), synonymous with "little house ", "housing ", " yard". The recent designation Drievorden to denote three fords or Drief -site. The latter would then point to a collection point for the Bentheim tithe cattle. This assumption, however, is not assured. Drievorden now belongs to the municipality of Engden, Samtgemeinde Schüttorf.
- Elbergen is first mentioned in 890. Determining word el, eli means alder or elder. The base word is self-explanatory on the whole it was probably a hill with elderberry or alder growth. The community Elbergen was later a chapel congregation, which was powered by Emsbueren.
- Engden (old: Engene ) is mentioned in 1267, when Friedrich v. Engen is named as Bentheim Edler. Engden now belongs to Samtgemeinde Schüttorf.
- Gleesen (old: Glesen ) is located on the Aamündung, directly Bramsche. 1263 farm called in Gleesen first time. The origin of the name is unclear. Gleesen should be as Hesselte about the same age.
- Helschen (old: Helsgan, Helschere ) is mentioned in 1150. The origin of the distinctive name is unknown. There may be the naming refers to the area between Helschen and Gleesen Hillig Mountain, a place where the old gods were worshiped. This is supported by the designation altar and the saga of the spinning woman playing in this place.
- Hesselte (old: Haslethi, Heslethe ). Determination word unclear: from hees = shrubbery, bushes, hazel or hessel = limit; Basic word - lithiated = terrain slope. Hesselte is first mentioned around 1223. At that time the provost Lutger of Clarholz sold the tithes of five parent Hess heirs for 25 marks to the Munster Cathedral Provost Rembold. In Hesselte a Germanic settlement from the Roman period was discovered in 2007, which was probably due to the march route of the Roman troops, who translated near via EMS and Large Large Aa, or in the vicinity of a Roman base.
- Leschede. In this place the origin of the name is uncertain. On one hand, the qualifying expression with the Bach Lee could be related, the past led to Wietmarschen in the Vecht. On the other hand, could it leh stuck for neighborhood. The importance of basic word Enschede is entirely unclear. In Leschede near the railway station, there, where once trade routes crossed from Holland on the Emsfähre to the east and to the north of Munster, was a simple chapel, a foundation dating from 1683. You made a well patronized center of this place.
- Listrup (old: Lihtastorpe ) 890 is described in Werden register as part of the Venkigaus. In determining word infected lites ( engl people ). The basic word torpedo, thorpe stands for the village. It thus consisted of semi-free Sassen a main court, who lived mostly there. A Wenno delivered to the monastery 32 bushels of corn and 16 denarii army Schilling, and later had quarters for the traveling abbot or his messenger ask.
- Mehringen (old: Maringen ) of mar = marsh is first mentioned in writing in 1181. There may be a connection with several sheets ( lacus = small lake ), which have been filled in 1900. In Mehringen there is still the name Krüsel (old: Crucilo ), which refers to the formerly existing forest wealth. From Mehringen came the poetess Maria Monk Tegeder that has your entire work written in Low German language. In Mehringen are three megalithic tombs, so that a first settlement must therefore have taken place about 3500-2800 BC.
- Moorlage belongs since 1400 to Emsbueren. The basic word - position refers to a treeless, relatively flat, but not solely for the cultivation of grain used area. By 1400 Munster had to cede to Count Claus von Tecklenburg Moorlage.
As the entire district of Emsland, and the community Emsbueren is traditionally characterized by the Catholic Church.
- Roman Catholic: 80%
- Evangelical Lutheran 10%
- Evangelical Reformed: 2%
- Other / no: 8%
(As of 1 January 2007)
Emsbueren has the status of a unified community since 1974.
The municipal council consists of 24 Emsbueren Women Council and councilors. This is the fixed number for a municipality with a population 9001-10000 inhabitants. The 24 council members are elected through local elections for five years. The current term of office began on 1 November 2011.
To vote in the local council is also the full-time mayor Bernhard Overberg.
In the last local election for council 11 September 2011 it came to the following conclusions:
- CDU: 18 seats
- SPD: 4 seats
- Free Wählergemeinschaft Emsbueren: 2 seats
In the municipal election held on September 10, 2006 Bernhard Overberg (independent) was elected mayor. He could stand up to 61.23 % of the votes in the first round against the former mayor Norbert Hide ( CDU).
Coat of arms
The coat of arms of the municipality Emsbueren shows on golden background a narrow red St. Andrew's cross, covered with a vertical blue wave pole.
The St. Andrew appeared with his symbol, the oblique cross, already in a seal of the Court of free Emsbueren with the year 1591. The blue wave represents the pile Ems dar. The yellow background represents the grain fields of the village and thus agriculture dar.
The colors of the flag are yellow / red / yellow. It shows in the middle red box the municipal coat of arms.
- Losser (Netherlands)
Culture and sights
- The St. Andrew's Church: Gothic three-aisled hall church dating from the 15th century with a 78 m high tower, which can be reached via 204 steps. The St. Andrew's Church Inside the church, wearing three pairs of slender columns, the high vaulted ceiling. Since the mid-19th century the north aisle to the width and height of the existing Gothic southern nave was built, the church has an aisled hall church. The aisles are the same height as the nave. Large Gothic windows illuminate the church during the day generously and bring particularly under harsh sunlight ornate window pictures to advantage. Especially the choir room, which was also added to the mid-19th century, then shines in a color combination that fascinates the visitor and can linger. The elaborately carved Gothic altar dates from 1908 He comes from the Kunsttischlerei A. Bücker in Rheda (now Rheda- Wiedenbrück ). . The open screen panels show next to a crucifixion scene on four faces the Passion of Christ. A baptismal font in the Romanesque style in the entrance area of the church is carved out of Bentheim sandstone and represents here the oldest stone testimony from the Christian era represents the two-manual organ grinding shop from the workshop Kreienbrink in Osnabrück has 31 stops with 2133 pipes. 11 Registers date from 1841 by Johann Kersting, Münster, built organ. The ornate and the environment matched organ pipes designed Ernst Suberg, Elleringhausen.
- The St. John the Baptist Church in Elbergen is assumed about the time from 1290 to 1310, while itself dates the oldest message via Elbergen from the year 890. The first written mention of the church is found in a letter of indulgence of Pope Benedict XII. from the year 1338th
- The St. Mary's Church in Listrup was inaugurated on May 17, 1883
- The parish garden Emsbueren was created by 1838-1855 from the pastor Albert Deitering. The approximately 1.5 -acre scenic plant surprised by the great variety of trees and shrubs: over 200 different types need to be. Many of the trees date back to the 19th century. Some of the most beautiful exotic grouped around the central lawn Oval directly at the rectory. Of particular note are a Ginkgo, a snake and a spruce catalpa. The house seem more distant areas like forest with dense undergrowth of evergreen yew, holly and rhododendron.
- The homestead: a farmhouse from 1766 with eight true to the original half-timbered houses on the old Gallows Hill is a typical Emsland courtyard from the 18th century dar. This consists of a farmhouse, Backhaus, carriage house, barn, sheep barn, and Heuerhaus. The buildings were originally in Lingen and were rebuilt in Emsbueren. The main house was purchased by the home club in 1973 and faithfully reconstructed.
- The herb garden with 200 different herbs, trees and shrubs on the grounds of the home farm. It was created in 2002 on an area of approx. 2,000 m².
- The home of the distillery Kuipers from 1818
- The old Amtsvogtei at the Papestraße with a beautiful sandstone arch, built in 1824 by the last bailiff of the court directive. It was restored in 2008 and has since then served as a seat for the Fremdenverkehsverein VVV and the registry office.
- The Mehringer stones consisting of a group of three megalithic tombs ( around 2500 BC). The boulders are up to 3 m tall
- The Duke and crony Fountain was built in 1994 on the Emsbürener marketplace. Duke and sidekick are the protagonists of Emsbürener carnival. The figures come from a picaresque novel by Bernd Bücker of salt mountains, after which the " Duke " as Kiepe guy with his " sidekick " attracted to the side of the Emsland and often in " Buren " ( Emsbueren ) lingered and their jokes exaggerated. The bronze figures created by the artist Janischowski from Steinfurt. They have their place on the walk- well system consisting of circular concrete panels, which interlock found. The water enters from source like from the top plate wells and flowing brook similar to the bottom. Even from a vessel that holds the Duke in his hand, water gushes out.
- Pastor sine Koh was established in June 2004 as a bronze sculpture "Pastor sine Koh " in the center of Emsbueren. Each is well dat Leed van pastor sine Koh known, which has its origin in Emsbueren. Tradition has it that Pastor Deiterings no longer wanted to eat cow someday. The summoned Schlitzohren Kobes and Herm -Dirk - Livestock doctors and butchers at the same time - quickly certified that the cow must be slaughtered. Pastor Deitering agreed; the meat should be given to the poor. However, this was not like that. The cow was divided among too greedy citizens, so that the poor came empty-handed. When this scandal broke, a secret Dorfpoet went to work. The ribald verses were stapled at night mill, bridge and city hall to the door to put the village community about the robbery of the poor in knowledge. A melody is found, and the "Song Pastor van sine Koh " was born.
- Enkings mill, a five storey tower mill from 1802, which is still used today to grind around the Rye for Pumpernickel Enkings. The pumpernickel bread is also baked in the mill. The mill has been extensively refurbished to its 200 - year existence, has a cafe and can be visited by appointment.
- Listruper Emswehr
- Church of the Redeemer Leschede, classified as a historic landmark by the State of Lower Saxony, built in 1952 as a Protestant Diaspora chapel by the architect Otto Banning ( 1883-1959 )
- Emsflower is a large nursery operation, situated directly at the motorway junction A30/A31, with currently about 38 acres under glass, direct marketing and visitor center with restaurants and experience the world. In the final stage of development with 60 acres under glass is the largest horticultural business in Europe.
- Emsbürener carnival with over 110 participating cars on Rose Monday carnival parade is the largest in the Emsland region. Previously held " Duke and his companion " Art sessions under the Tollitäten. Organisers are the KKE ( Karnevalsgesellschaft Kespel Emsbueren ) and the ECC ( Emsbürener carnival club).
- Herzog market, every year on the Sunday after Easter, large trade show, which is also used by local clubs and facilities
- Emsbürener cold blood race on the first Sunday in September
- Emsbürener big fair on the weekend before the last Tuesday of September
- Emsbürener Christmas market and the traditional steeple bubbles are held in Advent
- Easter procession from Nattenberg to St. Andrew's Church
- Emsbürener Music Days, classic series of events with International Masterclasses for Woodwinds, held annually in the fall
Economy and infrastructure
- Motorway: BAB 30: Netherlands -Bad Oeynhausen junction 6 (salt hills )
- BAB 31: Emden - Bottrop: Junction 26 ( Emsbueren )
- Station Leschede: RE 15 " Emsland- Express": Münster- Rheine -Lingen - empty -Emden
- Dortmund -Ems Canal: Dortmund- Meppen: locks in Gleesen and Hesselte
- Bvl Bernard van Lengerich GmbH & Co. KG, land and surface technology
- Emsflower, gardening big business
- Hölscher Leuschner, stable construction, garden pavilion
- Hermann Paus Maschinenfabrik, wheel loaders, hoists and mining specialist vehicles
- K. Schulten, special machinery for the window and Rolladenbau
- Fangmeyer, industrial and automotive painting, painting company
- Johann Hermann Sanning (* 1812 in Emsbueren, † 1880 in Cincinnati, USA), German -American architect
- Maria Monk Tegeder (* 1903 in Mehringen, † 1980 in Meppen), regional poet of the Emsland
- Willi Heeks (* 1922 in Moorlage, † 1996 in Bocholt), German race car driver
- Alfred Tönnis ( born March 14, 1959), Father of the Order of the Oblates
- Monika Hermanns ( born March 6, 1959), Judge of the Federal Constitutional Court
- Rene Tebbel ( born February 12, 1969), German show jumping
- Frank Hopp man ( born April 2, 1975), German cartoonist
- Stefan Silies (* 1976 in Emsbueren ) Artist