Khok Pho District
Khok Pho ( Thai: โคกโพธิ์ ) is a district ( Amphoe - administrative district ) in the province of Pattani. The Pattani province is located in the southeast of South Thailand in the Gulf of Thailand.
Adjacent counties and regions are (from north clockwise): Amphoe Nong Chik and the Mae Lan in Pattani Province, Amphoe Mueang Yala Yala Province and Amphoe Saba Yoi and Thepha in the province of Songkhla.
The National Park Namtok Sai Khao ( Thai: อุทยานแห่งชาติ น้ำตก ทรายขาว ) is having a size of 110 km ² in the wooded hills of Sankarakhiri Mountains, which extend over the provinces of Pattani, Yala and Songkhla.
The area of today's Khok Pho district originally belonged to the city-state ( Mueang ) Nong Chik, one of the seven provinces of the former kingdom of Pattani. The group was set up by becoming first Amphoe Nong Chik separated from. His name was at the time Mueang Kao ( เมือง เก่า ). When the administration was moved to Tambon Makrut later, the county was named Makrut.
In 1929, King Prajadhipok (Rama VII ) visited the district to observe a solar eclipse on May 9. During his visit, he saw a building from which he thought that it was better suited as the seat of government in Khok Pho. Hence, the management was transferred shortly thereafter there. In 1939, the county received its present name Khok Pho.
- Rama VII pavilion - in Tambon Khok Pho, its time built for King Prajadhipok in order to observe the solar eclipse can.
- Wat Chang Hai Council Buranaram ( Thai: วัด ช้าง ให้ สมเด็จ หลวง ปู่ทวด ) - Buddhist temple ( Wat ) in Tambon Thung Phala, supposedly built 300 years ago, with a large Chedi in the " Sri Lankan Style ".
- Namtok Phong Phong ( Thai: น้ำตก โผง โผง - Phong Phong Waterfall ) - impressive waterfall in the National Park Namtok Sai Khao: he falls into seven steps leading down into a small pond.
Amphoe Khok Pho is divided into 12 subdistricts ( tambon), which continued in 81 village communities ( Muban ) are divided.
There are two small towns ( thesaban tambon) in the district:
- Khok Pho consists of parts of tambon Khok Pho,
- Na Pradu consists of parts of the tambon Na Pradu.
There are also 12 " Tambon Administrative Organizations" (TAO, องค์การ บริหาร ส่วน ตำบล - administrative organizations) in the district.