Radenice ( German Radenitz ) is a municipality in the Czech Republic. It is located nine kilometers north-east of Velké Meziříčí and belongs to Okres Zdar nad Sázavou.


Radenice located in the belonging to the Bohemian-Moravian Highlands Highlands Křižanovská ( Krischanauer Bergland ). The village is located on the left side of the creek Luční Brook. To the north rises the Buček (626 m) and in the southwest of Holý vrch ( Naniwaberg; 662 m). To the east, the forest area Radenický les extends ( Radenitzer Forest) and in the south of Seben ( Schebenwald ). East of the village lead the railway line from Brno and Velké Meziříčí by Zdar nad Sázavou and state highway 37 from Velka Bíteš over after Zdar nad Sázavou. In the corridors of the community are six ponds.

Neighboring towns are Sklené nad Oslavou in the north, Bobruvka in the northeast, Pikarec in the east, Horni Libochová, Kundratice and Jívoví the southeast, Dobra Voda in the south, Cyrilov the southwest, Bory in the west and Těšíkův Mlýn in the northwest.


The first written mention of the village belonging to the reign Krisans took place in 1483rd owners at that time were the lords of Pernštejna. Vratislav of Pernštejna had to sell in 1560 because of insolvency rule to Zdenko Lhotský of Ptení. After the establishment of the rule Gutwasser a part of Radenice belonged in the 17th century to this. As Eleonore Countess of Oppersdorff 1678 rule Gutwasser bought up and combined with Krisans, the entire village was a landlord 's servants. This remained until the mid-19th century way. Vicarage was Horni Bory.

After the abolition of patrimonial Radenice / Radenitz formed in 1850 a part of the community Horni Bory in the district Velké Meziříčí. 1887 was the municipality Radenice. With the beginning of 1961 the Okres Velké Meziříčí was disbanded and assigned to the municipality the Okres Zdar nad Sázavou.

Local structure

For the community Radenice no districts are reported.


  • Chapel of St. Anthony, built in the 19th century