Tasov (Žďár nad Sázavou District)

Tasov ( German Tassau ) is a municipality with 590 inhabitants ( 1 January 2004) in the Czech Republic. It is located 10 km southeast of Velké Meziříčí at an altitude of 410 m asl in a tributary of the left Oslava and belongs to the Okres Zdar nad Sazavou on.


The first settlement was already in the early Stone Age. The village grew then, after the construction of the castle Dub (formerly it was called Tasova ) up to be a town. The castle was first mentioned in 1233. Until 1 January 2007, the place was in Okres Třebíč.


  • Parish church built with a Gothic core, in Baroque style. Year 1728-1730
  • Hradek, the ruins of a Gothic fortress east front of the town, on a small hill above the pond. You can visit the remains of the round tower and the gates of 1390 built in 1569 and abandoned festivals.
  • Dub - ruins of a castle in the valley of Oslava.
  • Villa of the writer and poet Jakub Deml, which was built by the architect Bohuslav Fuchs.

Sons and daughters of the town

  • Jakub Deml, Czech priest, poet and writer