Ostrov nad Oslavou

Ostrov nad Oslavou ( German Ostrava ) is a market town in the Czech Republic. It is located ten kilometers southeast of Zdar nad Sázavou and belongs to Okres Zdar nad Sázavou.


Ostrov nad Oslavou located in the Bohemian- Moravian Highlands at the mouth of the creek Bohdalovský creek in the Oslava. To the northwest are the reservoir of Ostrov and the pond Velky Rouperek. In the West, the forest area of ​​the Černý les extends. Through the village the main road I/37 of Zdar nad Sázavou leads to Křižanov. To the east runs the railway line Havlíčkův Brod - Tišnov, below the station runs of a railway viaduct across the Oslava. To the southeast of Suky ( 583 m) and north of the Kopec ( 569 m), on which a 30 m high radio mast was erected rises.

Neighboring towns are Sazomín in the north, Obyčtov, Rychtářův Mlýn and Hodíškov in the northeast, Frelichův Mlýn, Polák and Křiby in the east, Bohdalec, Suky and Laštovičky the southeast, Kněževes in the south, Radostín nad Oslavou and Znětínek the southwest, Kotlasy in the west and Březí nad oslavou in the northwest.


Ostrov is founded by the Lords of Lomnice on Tasov and was built shortly after 1250. Was first documented the place was 1356. Later Vostrov was raised to the knight's seat to the owners belonged, among others Jakub Mita Vostrov. Since 1572 a brewery is detectable. About the Oslava led a stone bridge with four arches, could be levied on the toll from 1584. At that time possessed Ostrov market rights and other urban privileges.

1609 bought Tomáš Soběhrd of Kozlov rule Ostrov of Václav Radostín. Whose goods were confiscated after the Battle of White Mountain. In 1621 the whole town burned down. Lev Burian Berka, who in 1624 bought the rule, this followed on from New Wessely. At the beginning of the 18th century, the Count Kinsky inherited the goods and sold them, including the town of Ostrava in 1709 the monastery Saar.

After the abolition of patrimonial Ostrov formed in 1850 a municipality in the administrative district of Nove Mesto. 1920, the church name was extended by the addition nad Oslavou. On February 1, 1922 Ostrov nad Oslavou was raised formally to Městys. This status was lost in 1948. Since 1949, the community is part of the Okres Zdar nad Sázavou. Suky was incorporated in 1961. In 2001, the community received a coat of arms and banners. On 1 December 2006 was raised to the Ostrov nad Městys oslavou again.

Community structure

The Městys Ostrov nad Oslavou consists of the districts Ostrov nad Oslavou ( Ostrava ) and Suky ( Suk )


  • James the Great Church, which was detectable since 1370 Church during the Reformation Protestant. 1637 again a Catholic priest was used. In 1845, the cultivation of the free-standing tower was. The last redesign took place in 1885.
  • Stately Ausspanne, built in 1721 under Abbot Václav Vejmluva instead of 1621 spent court. The plans were drawn by Johann Blasius Santini Aichl.
  • Statue of St. John of Nepomuk from 1755, between the Church and Ausspanne
  • Zehnbogiger railway viaduct over the Oslava the east of the village located 25 m tall structure was built in 1953