History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Earth horse戊午( at the beginning of the year Fire Snake丁巳)
Era of Diocletian: 134/135 ( year November )
Syria: 729/730 ( year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- December 27: A part of the Roman clergy chooses after the death of Zosimus Eulalius as Bishop of Rome. However, this is now regarded as anti-pope.
- December 29: Saint Boniface I. was proclaimed in Rome as the new pope. He is supported by Emperor Honorius against the anti-bishop Eulalius.
- Wallia beats in Roman service Siling the Vandals and Alans, which are displaced from the north- east of the Iberian Peninsula to the south and west.
- In a Föderatenvertrag Honorius assigns the residences Visigoths in southern Gaul. This results in Aquitaine the Visigothic kingdom ( kingdom Tolosanisches to Tolosa, now Toulouse).
- Theodoric I. becomes King of the Visigoths.
- Ostrom's victory against the Arab tribe of the border Lakhmids under Mundhir I.
- The Jews of Minorca be forcibly converted to Christianity.
- Jin Gongdi becomes emperor of China, succeeding his brother Jin Andi.
Nature and Environment
- Justa Grata Honoria, daughter of Constantius III. († 455 )
- 418: Yūryaku, Japanese Emperor († 479)
- December 26: Zosimus, Pope
- Wallia, King of the Visigoths
- 418: Orosius, historian and theologian (c. 385)