Schoppernau is a municipality in the district of Bregenz in Vorarlberg Austria with 942 inhabitants (December 31, 2013).
- 3.1 Demographics
- 5.1 Churches and chapels
- 5.2 Municipal Office
- 5.3 Other historic buildings
- 7.1 Established businesses
- 7.2 Education
The municipality is located in the westernmost province of Austria Schoppernau, Vorarlberg, in the district of Bregenz east of Lake Constance at 852 meters above sea level.
Here, the village is situated on the right bank of the Bregenzerach as elongated row village -like settlement. Below the elevated front line parish church, the village is extended to the scattered village.
25,5 % of the municipality is forested, 36 % are part of the Austrian Alps.
There are no other local villages in Schoppernau. districts are
- Under village
- Holder perennials
- Behind the stone
- Poor chamber ( now only a Vorsäß )
- ( Eggele, part of Au, with the car but only about Schoppernau available)
Schoppernau has a common municipal boundary with five other municipalities in Vorarlberg. These are the communities Au, Mittelberg and Schröcken and Bezau in the district of Bregenz and the congregation Sunday in Bludenz. Only just bordering the community at Diedamskopf not Bizau. The municipal boundaries of the two communities here are sometimes only a few meters apart, separated by the municipality of Au.
The community Schoppernau emerged in the 15th to 17th centuries documented to as " Schapernow " and " Schaupernaw ".
She belonged to the jurisdiction Bregenzerwald and came up with the rule of Feldkirch 1390 Austria.
The Habsburgs ruled the areas in Vorarlberg alternately of Tyrol and Further Austria from ( Freiburg im Breisgau). From 1805 to 1814, the town belonged to Bavaria, then back to Austria. For the Austrian state of Vorarlberg Schoppernau heard since the foundation in 1861.
The place was from 1945 to 1955 part of the French zone of occupation in Austria.
The proportion of foreigners in 2010 was a total of 4.5 percent.
The municipal council consists of 12 members, 9 of the Schopper Auer Civil List and 3 of the list come together for Schoppernau to the last election in 2010. Mayor Walter Beer of the Schopper Auer civil list. The municipality revenue from taxes and other charges in 2001 were at € 1,074,598, the municipal expenditure at € 1,600,567. The debt was 2001 558.792 €.
Culture and sights
Churches and chapels
This building was built by Jakob Albrecht in 1968/69 and now houses the Franz -Michael - Fields Museum.
Other historic buildings
- Villa Maund
- Birthplace of Franz Michael Felder
- Franz Michael Felder (1839-1869), writer
- Christoph Lingg (born 1964 ), Photographer
- Philipp Lingg ( born 1984 ), lead singer of Holstuonarmusigbigbandclub (The name Schoppernau is included in the title of the song Vo Mello to ge Schoppornou )
- Herlinde Löhr (1927-2009), writer
- Andreas Moosbrugger (1722-1787), Rococo plasterer
- Jerome Moosbrugger (1808-1858), sculptor and stucco Kunstmarmorierer
- Peter Anton Moosbrugger (1732-1806), Rococo plasterer
Economy and infrastructure
In 2003 there were 28 companies in the industrial sector with 130 employees and 7 apprentices. Taxable wage employed there were 395
Agriculture with the milk products ( cheese ) and tourism are of great importance. In the tourism year 2001/2002 the number of overnight stays amounted to 192 383.
Along with the neighboring community of Au forms Schoppernau the Tourism Federation Au Schoppernau.
In Schoppernau is the seat of the Diedamskopf that were a company of the Silvretta Nova Group, which is located since 2007 in the possession of BTV. Since 2009, the Diedamskopf belong to 49% of the Raiffeisen bank Au and Au and Schoppernau the communities so as to 51% of the lift company Warth. You operate, which consists of two sections gondola ( cable car circulation ) on the Diedamskopf.
The town has a primary school with (as of January 2003) 52 pupils and a kindergarten.